Imbedding Videos?

Calibratedtintinz and others - is there any way in here to imbed (as opposed to linking) videos - tried all the usual BB code tags without success?

Comments

• tintinztintinz Super Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Hey Col I am looking into this and our version of Vbulletin should support this and you normally should see the a film strip icon beside the insert image. [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] are we allowed to embed video's in the forum Ash weary of space limitations etc. I think the issue is with the ausamarok custom style and I will test reverting my profile to the default style and see if that film strip icon appears Colin ... ps Imbed is Embed LOL ... normally I do my best work im-bed ... sorry very bad joke LOL
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Haha, check out the speling thread..
    edited May 2014
    [MENTION=4363]Col[/MENTION] found the setting to allow embedding of Video and I can confirm that it is turned off I need to check with [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] whether we can turn this on or there is a reason why it is not enabled mate. Ash can you confirm we can have this option or not cheers
  • CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited May 2014
    [YTB]StTqXEQ2l-Y[/YTB]
    edited May 2014
    Tags are [Y T B] [/Y T B]

*without the spaces obviously.

How to use? Just put Youtube video link inside the tags and post it.

How to find Youtube video Link?

This is very easy, you just need to view a Youtube video URL and and pick this video link as per below screen
    vnh7ut.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Cool ... think Col was also asking about the ability to upload and embed video's as well as embedding a link same way we do it for referencing images locally which requires the missing Insert Video button Ash
    edited May 2014
    Will have a chat to the guys that did our custom design.
  • OURAMAROKOURAMAROK Forum Slave
    edited May 2014
    Steevo wrote: »
    Haha, check out the speling thread..

Haha - nothing in my original post was spelled incorrectly - however I do admit to a previously incorrect reference to you nic now fixed :D . Will have a good read of that thread though - so agree with the degradation of our language.
    tintinz wrote:
    ColCalibrated whether we can turn this on or there is a reason why it is not enabled mate. Ash can you confirm we can have this option or not cheers

and
    tintinz wrote:
    Cool ... think Col was also asking about the ability to upload and embed video's as well as embedding a link same way we do it for referencing images locally which requires the missing Insert Video button Ash

Thanks Tin - no, just imbed from a remote host - uploading would add a substantial overhead to platform storage requirements I would have thought.
    Calibrated wrote:
    Tags are [Y T B] [/Y T B]

*without the spaces obviously.

How to use? Just put Youtube video link inside the tags and post it.

How to find Youtube video Link?

This is very easy, you just need to view a Youtube video URL and and pick this video link as per below screen
    vnh7ut.jpg

Awesome thanks Ash - might it also be an idea to add tags for other popular video hosts - Vimeo etc?
    edited May 2014
    yeah I agree with not allowing the upload of videos just embedding of the link as it will chew up space and impact on performance .. go fourth and Im-bed bruv!!
    edited May 2014
    tintinz wrote: »
    yeah I agree with not allowing the upload of videos just embedding of the link as it will chew up space and impact on performance .. go fourth and Im-bed bruv!!

:D - on it's way!!
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I stand corrected and I must apologise, while I've never used in 42 years, the spelling of imbed is actually valid.

imbed (ɪmˈbɛd)

— vb , -beds , -bedding , -bedded
    a less common spelling of embed

Source

I learn something everyday.

:)
    edited May 2014
    Steevo wrote: »
    I stand corrected and I must apologise, while I've never used in 42 years, the spelling of imbed is actually valid.

imbed (ɪmˈbɛd)

— vb , -beds , -bedding , -bedded
    a less common spelling of embed

Source

I learn something everyday.

:)

Hahahaha - maybe it was cold Steve and you were thinking of in bed :D
    edited May 2014
    IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE IMBED TO WORK

When you add the html link (URL) inside the youtube tags truncate the link address to just that of the video, for example:

The full URL of my desired video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONUWSPm7N4Q

using the new tags like this will result in an error:
    [Y T B]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONUWSPm7N4Q[/Y T B]

you need to insert JUST the discrete ID of your video - like this:
    [Y T B]ONUWSPm7N4Q[/Y T B]

Hmmm that was interesting parsed the YTB tags despite the code tag - had to insert spaces.

So don't forget to remove the spaces in Y T B