telstra blocking the website

hi all any one else geting the telstra boardband protection warning and not being able to open any threads on here,
i was geting the warning befor but now it is fully blocking me from accessing any think

Comments

• DrewDrew Super Moderator
    edited December 2017
    hi all any one else geting the telstra boardband protection warning and not being able to open any threads on here,
    i was geting the warning befor but now it is fully blocking me from accessing any think
    No issues here on PC or phone.

Telstra don't offer a protection service, have you don't a virus and malware scan of your system?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  • WazLWazL Member
    edited December 2017
    Drew wrote: »
    No issues here on PC or phone.

Telstra don't offer a protection service, have you don't a virus and malware scan of your system?

Have had the deceptive warning from Google and Firefox for ages.

Only this forum, none of the others I frequent.

Telstra do offer a malicious website detection tool.
  • ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi Guys , this problem has been going for quite a while now , some lucky campers do not get the warning but others are plague by it
    See attached thread
    http://www.ausamarok.com.au/forum/showthread.php/11472-Aus-Amarok-rejected-by-virus-checker/page2

We are in a stalemate position of deny and those suffering the problem , this thread does not exist just for the heck of it , there is a problem but only one man who can fix it [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] but he requires permission from [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] and this has not been forthcoming
    So we wait and wait
    Oz
  • DrewDrew Super Moderator
    edited December 2017
    WazL wrote: »
    Have had the deceptive warning from Google and Firefox for ages.

That message comes from Google and other site content scanning organisations
    WazL wrote: »
    Telstra do offer a malicious website detection tool.

I just spoke to our on-site Telstra people, who confirmed all they block is known torrent sites under the governments attempt to prevent copyright infringements, nothing else

• WazLWazL Member
    edited December 2017
    Drew wrote: »
    That message comes from Google and other site content scanning organisations

I just spoke to our on-site Telstra people, who confirmed all they block is known torrent sites under the governments attempt to prevent copyright infringements, nothing else

Telstra provide a malicious website tool for customers as an opt in

Just ran it and it loads a warning in this forum

No other forum causes any warnings for me
  • MoonaMoona Junior Member
    edited December 2017
  • ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
    edited December 2017
    Moona wrote: »

Nothing malicious just a case of snails pace rectification
    This situation has occurred previously and been fixed by [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] , as to why it has cropped up now ????? but it can be fixed we just have to wait and wait and wait
    Oz
  • edited December 2017
    ok it looks like i have fixed that problem ,telstra now has a safe browsing setting that was stoping me from viewing the site , just had to log on to telstra and disable that feature.
    i still get the firefox warning but that is more of just a annoyance then any think else

this was the error i was geting
    https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/broadbandprotect
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited December 2017
    ok it looks like i have fixed that problem ,telstra now has a safe browsing setting that was stoping me from viewing the site , just had to log on to telstra and disable that feature.
    i still get the firefox warning but that is more of just a annoyance then any think else

this was the error i was geting
    https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/broadbandprotect

So you’re effectively ignoring the warning now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • edited December 2017
    Steevo wrote: »
    So you’re effectively ignoring the warning now.

i guess so
    but is there a problem with the site that is harmful and is so every one else should worried about that
    edited December 2017
    i guess so
    but is there a problem with the site that is harmful and is so every one else should worried about that

There have been issues in the past.

I don't think there are any current issues other than the fact that at least one website authority has the forum listed as containing malware or phishing code.
    edited December 2017
    A quick check today tells me that the forum is currently (and once again) infected with the FileStore72.info Google redirect malware code.

I could almost guarantee this is the reason the site is blacklisted.

It’s only a matter of time until all the malware authority folks list the site as containing malware.

• ShortygqShortygq Junior Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi-I cannot connect to the site from home using the Telstra Broadband Modem. I have checked with Telstra & they told me to contact the site. I can connect on from work or using the my mobile internet. I suspect it is the configuration of the Telstra Modem. How can I resolve this ?
  • VegiemiteVegiemite Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi Shorty, had the same issue with Telstra and ended up changing the DNS settings in the modem from Telstra's DNS to another.
    Really up to you who you use, but I have used Googles DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and have never looked back and never get any complaints on accessing these forums.
  • ShortygqShortygq Junior Member
    edited April 2018
    Vegiemite wrote: »
    Hi Shorty, had the same issue with Telstra and ended up changing the DNS settings in the modem from Telstra's DNS to another.
    Really up to you who you use, but I have used Googles DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and have never looked back and never get any complaints on accessing these forums.

Thanks for the reply Vegiemite. All fixed now. I have turned the Telstra protection off.