H&R Amarok lifted Coils

13»

Comments

• houdinihoudini Supporting Member
    edited October 2016
    Fitted a set of these a few weeks ago. The heavy springs. Done a 1000km since then. From centre of wheel to guard is 580mm both sides. This is with a Rhino bar and Runva winch.

Old mate Seikel fitted previously was 540 left and 530 right.

Very happy to get this lift back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • StixyStixy Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi Mark, can you please check emails..
  • CyclopsCyclops Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi mate, what size tyres are you running?
    edited October 2016
    Cyclops wrote: »
    Hi mate, what size tyres are you running?

Whom is this question at?

• offroadslimoffroadslim Junior Member
    edited October 2016
    Indigo wrote: »
    Pm sent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • CyclopsCyclops Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Ooops [MENTION=60]SAROK[/MENTION]
  • Johnny99Johnny99 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    [MENTION=5701]Net4x4[/MENTION], Mark I fitted the H&R lights coils and te bilstein struts a month or so ago. Recently I noticed a strange "knocking" sound when I go over sharp bumps on the road. Also when I hitch my boat up (2000kg) and tow it the sound is much more pronounced, like a clackety sound and probably so as it visibly lifts the front end and de-loads the spring and strut.

I've checked and nothing appears to be contacting in the suspensions travel. I don't feel any vibrations in the steering and the car appears to be handling fine - ie better than standard.

The only change I did in the install was to swap around the lower strut bolt orientation (ie bolt head pointing to front of vehicle), because it was easier to insert the bolt.

Any ideas what could be?

Cheers,
    John
    edited December 2016
    I had the same kind of thing. Same bolt orientation change too for the same reason.
    After much frustration I found my rock slider on the passenger side was striking the body at times.
    This wasn't due to any of the net4x4 gear. It's just my previous drivers side springs had drooped so much, that when the new springs went in, everything levelled out and the sliders didn't have adequate clearance. Little trim and viola. Fixed.

Might not be your fix, but worth a mention.

• Johnny99Johnny99 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    [MENTION=1742]houdini[/MENTION]. thanks for the help. No rock sliders on mine. I'll possibly keep looking for something else.