Bullbar options and general discussuon

chockochocko Posting Freak
edited January 2018 in Buying an Amarok
Well I have nothing else to do while waiting for my amarok so why not research more bits for it :)

The only two bull bar options I have seen are:

ARB

http://arb.com.au/products/arb-protection-equipment/bull-bars/deluxe-bull-bars/3470010/

Apparently ARB have a Sahara bar as well but I cannot find any photos of it. Anyone seen it?

Tuffbar

http://www.tuffbullbars.com/index.php?next_page=product/product_detail.php&product_id=18395&category_id=2112

If anyone knows of any others please post them.

Volkswagen have clearly stated that they will never offer a factory bar and when speaking to the dealer he mention it could have some warranty implications if one is fitted. Curious if anyone has had any experiences with warranty in scenarios like this? I trust that ARB would not release the bar if they were not 100% that it was up to standard but sh1t happens and I don't want to be left with no warranty from either party if I do have an issue.

Also could the fitting of a bullbar have implications for the safety of the vehicle? ie Will airbags still be deployed if I am unfortunate to have an accident? Do ARB test these things?

Comments

• CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited May 2011
    The ARB bullbars are airbag compliant. they go through stringent testing before they are given the ADR approval and then released to the market.

VW may not offer an OEM bullbar, but the "OEM" bars are more often than not ARB bars anyway. The ARB bars are part of the amarok accessory list, so I would say it should be safe from a warranty point of view. I might clear this up with my sales rep today.

PS. the "tuff" bullbar is hideous. look at the brisbane 4wd show photo's in the QLD section.
  • roscoe_wroscoe_w Member
    edited May 2011
    Agree Ashley......What a dog of a bullbar!!
  • chockochocko Posting Freak
    edited May 2011
    hehe yeah it's pretty ugly hey :) Curious what everyone else has been told about bullbars. Not sure if the dealer was just making conversation or talking crap?
  • JockAmarokJockAmarok Member
    edited May 2011
    Concur that the tuff bar is ugly ... no offence to owners of them intended ... but it doesnt add to the Amaroks style.

I have been thinking about a ARB Sahara bar as i dont want to hide the VW grill to much, but thats further back on my wish list at this stage. It will be similar to the ones with pics for the Navara and Jeep.
  • ntboozerntboozer Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Yep the tuff bar looks hideous on an Amarok.
    Thinking along the same lines as Jock with the ARB Sahara bar now. Initially was heading towards Deluxe with brush rails / side steps but given that vehicles with side airbags can't legally be fitted with brush bars I'm thinking Sahara and some 'functional' rock slider style side steps.
    edited May 2011
    Really want to see one of these sahara bars from ARB fitted to the amarok.
  • fourosfouros Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    a bit like East coast bullbars product , pretty fugly i might have to talk to the guys at TJM i like their stuff
    edited May 2011
    TJM's bar is still in development. no ETA yet.
  • ntboozerntboozer Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    chocko wrote:
    Really want to see one of these sahara bars from ARB fitted to the amarok.

Yeah I have some ideas in my head as to what I want to do. Full black v's full colour coded v's leave the hoop polished :s
    A Warn XP9 winch is a given and I have a set of Hella 4000 converted to HID that I want to fit.
  • fingersfingers Member
    edited May 2011
    I agree, the Tuff bar is a shocker but it's not as bad as some of their other abominations. No wonder the pedestrian council wants all bars banned.

Not sure about warranties but I'm getting my dealer to fit a Sahara bar pre-delivery and it will be included on the delaler invoice. Manufacturers can't wipe their statutory requirements just because a legal accessory is fitted. The ARB bars are ADR compliant and VW would need to show that the fitted bar caused the problem that is being claimed under warranty (eg - how could a warranty claim for factory fitted window tint peeling off be refused because a bar is fitted). Might be different in a warranty claim for front suspension problems though.

Anyway, when I get the ute i'll put some pics up with the bar on it.
    edited May 2011
    I think you are correct about the warranty. It would only be an issue if it was something related to the bull bar. Look forward to seeing the sahara bar thanks mate.
  • SparkySparky Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    sahara bar is like holy grail...everybody has heard about no body seen it...
    edited May 2011
    Sparky wrote:
    sahara bar is like holy grail...everybody has heard about no body seen it...

Ha ha tell me about it. One day......
    edited May 2011
    So we still waiting for a pic of a sahara bar on a Rok?
    edited May 2011
    hehe yeah Im hanging for it :)
  • flyingfridgeflyingfridge Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    I present the elusive Sahara bar :)

• nicknznicknz Supporting Member
    edited June 2011

Very nice
    edited June 2011
    Looks good.

My Deluxe bar (amongst other things) is being fitted on tuesday next week, cant wait!!!
  • nicknznicknz Supporting Member
    edited June 2011

How much was it. The ARB dealer doesnt even know about it yet
    edited June 2011
    YES!!
    We finally see it - thanks mate - you did well

Sparky
    PS Have heard that mine has arrived in Perth - should not be toooooo long now...
    edited June 2011
    MCC4x4 will have some options soon too.
    Hi Ashley, Hang in there, is all I can say.

We have ordered our own Amarok and as soon as we get it, we’ll have it measured and start testing and producing bars, so roughly end of July we will have them tested and ready to go.

Regards Justin, Mcc 4x4 Accessories
  • DamonDamon Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    Does not offer much protection to the lights.
  • PiemolePiemole Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Just took this bad boy for a spin down at Ferntree Gully.

Nice looking rig.

The bullbar and canopy are both ARB

Sorry about the photo quality I only had my phone

IMAG0003.jpgIMAG0004.jpg
    edited June 2011

Looks great bud! I'll probably put on on. Maybe its just the angle, but the bar edge doesnt seem to line up to the wheel arch very well ... ?
    edited June 2011
    mm thats nice - I like it
  • PiemolePiemole Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Depends on the way it's cut. Check out the fitting guide on the ARB website and you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my Desire using Tapatalk
    edited July 2011
    Anyone got some good high res pics of a sahara bar fitted yet?
  • AzzAzz Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    I'll get some next week, pick mine up Tuesday afternoon with bar, winch and lights fitted WOO HOO
  • mark jonesmark jones Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    G,day. I have the ARB deluxe bar fitted to my ROK and it looks pretty bloody good. It was fitted to the ute prior to delivery and no mention was made by the dealer about warranty issues.I do a lot of night driving in remote areas and I often collide with furry nocturnal critters.The bar guarantees the ute spends more time on the road than in the panel beaters.The deluxe bar adds even more under body protection than standard particularly under the radiator.It also has all the usual mounting holes/brackets etc. I have a pair of hella rally 4000 spots on it as well as communication equipment.