timing case cover

old8sold8s Senior Member
edited August 2016 in Stuff Wanted
I have 2011 model rok looking for the timing case cover that fixes the fan belt issue any help with what im looking for much appreciated

Comments

• AutodasAutodas Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Take it to your dealer. Its a recall job, so they do it for nix.
  • old8sold8s Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Autodas wrote: »
    Take it to your dealer. Its a recall job, so they do it for nix.

Is it a recall recall or just if owner complains recall Im the second owner will that matter at all
  • EdwinPEdwinP Forum Slave
    edited July 2016
    Not aware its a recall never been contacted by vw about this recall but if you search the forum for robust kit you can find the part numbers and photos.

From memory its a ~$60 for the parts or maybe a few bob more if you replace the stretch bolts on the crank pulley.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  • AutodasAutodas Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    old8s wrote: »
    Is it a recall recall or just if owner complains recall Im the second owner will that matter at all
    No it shouldn't make any difference.
    It was an official VW recall so they should have to honour it, same as the pollution software caper. I'm the second owner on mine and when I bought it I asked the dealer if the timing belt cover recall campaign had been done and it hadn't. I told them to fix it before I took delivery of it and it was done straight away.
    Cheers Tim
  • funky0funky0 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Odd. VW swore blind mine had been done. Even after showing them a photo of the old one fitted I still had to pay for the upgraded part. So if you do get a new one fitted for nothing you are doing better than I!!
  • old8sold8s Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    OK i know what i need now but im getting a 50 /50 with the warranty recall so next question is a good vw dealer to talk to
  • ScotRokScotRok Supporting Member
    edited August 2016
    old8s wrote: »
    OK i know what i need now but im getting a 50 /50 with the warranty recall so next question is a good vw dealer to talk to

Where are you?
    Wakelings in Campbelltown are one of the best, if you are in Sydney. Mines due its first service and am making a day trip from Newcastle soon.