Google phishing alert

image.jpg
[MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] , [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION]
I keep getting this warning when I click on a thread link last post in the new post list.

Comments

• bt50libt50li Forum Slave
    edited July 2016
    Yep me too, maybe we are on here too much it thinks it's taking our money

CF50A865-C93B-44CC-AC8E-83881F5CE319_zpshmiqwbhi.png
    edited July 2016
    [MENTION=3959]ScotRok[/MENTION] if you haven't already go to report an error and fill out the form. Then rejoice, actual form Google sends you, at least someone in IT has a sense of humour.

E9DD07BB-B2D4-4CFB-84E4-725E7453D5D0_zpsyhxp1aqo.png
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited July 2016
    [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION]

I'll let you sort this one out.

Cheers

Steve
    edited July 2016
    Steevo wrote: »
    [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION]

I'll let you sort this one out.

Cheers

Steve

He's in the desert for another week
  • ScotRokScotRok Supporting Member
    edited July 2016
    bt50li wrote: »
    He's in the desert for another week

Probably taken the supporting members packs with him too, they are another mirage, like the upgrade to the forum!

Google report forms a joke.
  • Billmoore1Billmoore1 Supporting Member
    edited July 2016
    Getting the same message as you Oli.
  • TPSSATPSSA Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm getting a BIG red screen saying the same thing...... Grrr.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  • Mark PeaceyMark Peacey Member
    edited July 2016
    I am also getting the same message.
  • EnigmaEnigma Junior Member
    edited July 2016
    This seems to be a problem in Mozilla settings. If you want to override it, go to 'options' 'security' uncheck 'Block reported web forgeries'
  • Johnny99Johnny99 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    If you're using Safari Browser on your iPad/iPhone/Mac you can disable this alert by going to 'Settings', select the Safari Browser App and then turn off 'Fraudulent Website Warning'.
    edited July 2016
    Well I've searched high and low on both the forum side of things and the database and cannot see any issues with malicious code or otherwise.

I've had a good look through the page source code as it's presented to the browser and can't see anything that stands out as an issue either.

Speaking to some folks where I work they said it may well be due to the age of the software that runs the forum. Apparently if a security flaw is found with certain web software and you're running outdated or flawed versions then these security authorities will label you as suspicious.

If there's anyone out there that can find or point out the actual issue these security authorities have with the forum I'll investigate it.

Thanks

Steve
    edited July 2016
    Looking into this a little more tonight.. as a start, we might need to ask the hosting company to update the version of PHP running on the server. The current version has reached end of life, in other words it's no longer supported.
  • TPSSATPSSA Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Basically I can't view AusAmarok on my pc, every time I try to open a thread it goes to a red warning screen about a malicious site.
    Tapatalk for me atm.

• EdwinPEdwinP Forum Slave
    edited July 2016
    TPSSA wrote: »
    Basically I can't view AusAmarok on my pc, every time I try to open a thread it goes to a red warning screen about a malicious site.
    Tapatalk for me atm.

I am the same

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    edited July 2016
    Working on this again today.

I've found some info on 3 pages that google think contain malicious code. I've had a good look through the page source code and cannot see anything obvious so I've asked for a review. This can take up to 72 hours.

I'll provide an update when I have more info.

Cheers

Steve
  • MatlowMatlow Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I use Chrome at work and was getting the same message. Open up IE11 and no problems.
    edited July 2016
    Chrome and some other browsers use google as their security authority. IE is Microsoft and they like to do their own thing which might explain that difference.
    edited July 2016
    Steevo wrote: »
    Working on this again today.

I've found some info on 3 pages that google think contain malicious code. I've had a good look through the page source code and cannot see anything obvious so I've asked for a review. This can take up to 72 hours.

I'll provide an update when I have more info.

Cheers

Steve
    [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] is so lucky to have a moderator like you, hope he shows his appreciation.
    edited July 2016
    Has this been sorted?
    Just using my iPad Pro and no issues so far. Problem was on my iPad mini.
    edited July 2016
    No, not sorted yet
    edited July 2016
    I can see some progress from Google, they have cleared the 3 pages they listed as apparently containing malicious content. However they are still listing us as containing 'Harmful Content' but with no additional information on what that content is.

[MENTION=3959]ScotRok[/MENTION] [MENTION=1669]bt50li[/MENTION] [MENTION=4374]Billmoore1[/MENTION] [MENTION=2896]TPSSA[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]Mark Peacey[/MENTION] [MENTION=7825]Enigma[/MENTION] [MENTION=7987]Johnny99[/MENTION] [MENTION=5221]EdwinP[/MENTION] [MENTION=685]Matlow[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION]
    edited July 2016
    Hoping the warnings will soon stop appearing.

Capture.JPG
    edited July 2016
    I think it's sorted now.

I've been browsing a bunch of pages with no warning messages for a while now.
    edited July 2016
    Anyone still getting the Phishing warning when accessing the forum via a browser?

*** everyone below appeared online when I wrote this post.

[MENTION=8293]aj_slr[/MENTION], [MENTION=7940]amarokworkhorse[/MENTION], [MENTION=8167]Arokandahardplace[/MENTION], [MENTION=1371]barrel01[/MENTION], [MENTION=8223]baz[/MENTION], [MENTION=6292]Birdarok[/MENTION], [MENTION=5074]Chadlumberjack[/MENTION], [MENTION=7897]Chilebulli[/MENTION], [MENTION=932]clint32[/MENTION], [MENTION=4835]dan_t[/MENTION], [MENTION=5100]driller[/MENTION], [MENTION=542]drivesafe[/MENTION], [MENTION=3390]fossROK[/MENTION], [MENTION=5349]gnel[/MENTION], [MENTION=2358]ivorbargin[/MENTION], [MENTION=4739]JakeFNQ[/MENTION], [MENTION=8215]jimb0b[/MENTION], [MENTION=8239]johnsecara[/MENTION], [MENTION=4183]Matt_3.0rb[/MENTION], [MENTION=8320]Nick2000[/MENTION], [MENTION=8150]santaria[/MENTION], [MENTION=7997]Shaun071[/MENTION], [MENTION=1781]Starlight Blue[/MENTION], [MENTION=7383]suhua4[/MENTION], [MENTION=2872]swalee[/MENTION]
  • JakeFNQJakeFNQ Supporting Member
    edited July 2016
    [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] yes! It is doing my head in! As I browse the 'Whats New' and open things to read in a new tab about half of the time I get the phishing warning...
  • amarokworkhorseamarokworkhorse Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    It seems to be OK as of this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • suhua4suhua4 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I use Tapatalk most of the time. On my laptop chrome I sometimes got the warning but not every time.

edited July 2016
    JakeFNQ wrote: »
    [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] yes! It is doing my head in! As I browse the 'Whats New' and open things to read in a new tab about half of the time I get the phishing warning...

Sorry Jake, just checking.

If you've read through this thread you will see that we should hopefully soon be in the clear.
    edited July 2016
    It seems to be OK as of this afternoon.
    suhua4 wrote: »
    I use Tapatalk most of the time. On my laptop chrome I sometimes got the warning but not every time.

Tapatalk should be fine, the issue is with (most) browsers.
  • JakeFNQJakeFNQ Supporting Member
    edited July 2016
    [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] no need for an apology mate! I understand how these things go. Appreciate your efforts, as always. Jake