How long did your OEM battery last?

RokcandyRokcandy Senior Member
edited April 2018 in Technical
Years and or km? I have done 59000 km and no problems.
«13

Comments

  • bt50libt50li Forum Slave
    edited March 2016
    Mine died last month, 31000km two years, Wiples warrantied it and gave me a brand new one.
  • RooRoo Posting Freak
    edited March 2016
    105k, 2yrs 7mnths. No dramas yet.
  • MikhailtMikhailt Supporting Member
    edited March 2016
    125 000 km, 4 years and a couple of months; still ok
  • BlackWolfBlackWolf Posting Freak
    edited March 2016
    Two years and 65000 km
  • tommy.geytemantommy.geyteman Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    36000kms a lot of dirt roads ! Got a century "off road" and haven't had any dramas since.

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
  • KroxsKroxs Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    1 month from when I brought the car new in 2011 , second battery 4 years and 96000km


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • SU55SU55 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Just clicked over 60k ams 4yrs old, still on original.
  • funky0funky0 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    4 years. 115000km still going strong...
  • japa78japa78 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Had mine die at 40000kms and changed under warranty. Was told a manufacturing fault with the battery.
  • AmaraukAmarauk Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    I think I have the record: Battery 1 - 75km, got new battery on warranty.
    Battery 2 - approx 200km, got new battery on warranty, and the dealer changed/repaired the earthing point!!
    Battery 3 - approx 1400km, got new one on warranty, still running this one, and have done 66000km. Starting to act
    funny........ I guess NO warranty on this one:(

    David.
  • G008G008 Member
    edited March 2016
    Still there 3 years 4 months and 67000 km later.
    I have been offered a pair of optima batteries, 1X D35 that will fit in a second battery tray under the bonnet, and 1X D27f that is 30mm taller than the starting battery, so going to do a trial fit and see what happens.

    Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk
  • QuetQuet Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    3 years 6 months and battery needs charging every now and then, problem is short runs doesn't help.
    I have been told at battery world that Delkor is the battery to put in and going back to a full size rather
    than the 3/4 size that's in there now.
    Does anyone know of a good battery that they run that's been put in after warranty was over.
  • BlackWolfBlackWolf Posting Freak
    edited March 2016
    Quet wrote: »
    3 years 6 months and battery needs charging every now and then, problem is short runs doesn't help.
    I have been told at battery world that Delkor is the battery to put in and going back to a full size rather
    than the 3/4 size that's in there now.
    Does anyone know of a good battery that they run that's been put in after warranty was over.

    0cd3c1ca449d3c83bf282faaaad44105.jpg

    Neutron Power AGM battery for Start/Stop application. Gives cranking ability and 70AH cycling capacity. Same form factor as the factory battery.

    Only had it for 4months but I figure the battery has got to be pretty good if it is designed to be flogged around town doing multiple starts and supporting accessories and fans while the engine is stopped.
  • QuetQuet Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    BlackWolf wrote: »
    0cd3c1ca449d3c83bf282faaaad44105.jpg

    Neutron Power AGM battery for Start/Stop application. Gives cranking ability and 70AH cycling capacity. Same form factor as the factory battery.

    Only had it for 4months but I figure the battery has got to be pretty good if it is designed to be flogged around town doing multiple starts and supporting accessories and fans while the engine is stopped.


    Thanks BlackWolf will look into it, can you give me what price they are as the Delkor that was quoted was $330 (NOT CHEAP)
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited March 2016
    More than 4 years and 40,000km and still going fine. Had to charge it a couple of times...... Perhaps it is telling me I should driver her a bit more often :D
  • BlackWolfBlackWolf Posting Freak
    edited March 2016
    Quet wrote: »
    Thanks BlackWolf will look into it, can you give me what price they are as the Delkor that was quoted was $330 (NOT CHEAP)

    About the same from memory.
  • thereyougothereyougo Member
    edited March 2016
    5 years no problems, I have solar feeding it everyday tho
  • LmcLmc Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Just under 3 years 65000km. I didnt consider it needed it, as it never sounded sluggish or failed to start the car however i commented to the mechanic that mine seemed to cough into life when warm starting. We compared it to his own amarok and he agreed it sounded funny. Tried a new battery and problem solved! Took the opportunity to get a larger battery and throw away the plastic spacer.

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
  • QuetQuet Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Lmc wrote: »
    Just under 3 years 65000km. I didnt consider it needed it, as it never sounded sluggish or failed to start the car however i commented to the mechanic that mine seemed to cough into life when warm starting. We compared it to his own amarok and he agreed it sounded funny. Tried a new battery and problem solved! Took the opportunity to get a larger battery and throw away the plastic spacer.

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk


    I went my local battery man today and he also recommended to go the larger battery, question of what battery to go for,
    so I asked him if was his car what would he install considering I'm putting in a winch shortly he said an Optima if it will fit.
  • snapsimosnapsimo Supporting Member
    edited March 2016
    85,000 km and almost at 4 years.


    ACQ Eastside Massive!!! Proud former ACV member[emoji3]

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • PetRokPetRok Member
    edited March 2016
    2 years 9 months approx. Sitting here waiting for VW roadside assist to arrive and verify as I type. Under OEM warranty still [emoji1360]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • brookes2622brookes2622 Supporting Member
    edited March 2016
    4 years 1 month and 162000k
    Mine is also the smaller battery with a spacer.
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Mine, not long at all, only about 6 months.
  • tonyetonye Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Just shy of 5yrs and 70k km and still going.
  • RokcandyRokcandy Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Well it went today. My rock is a my13 built late 2012, so it lasted 4 years and 77770 km.
  • houdinihoudini Supporting Member
    edited December 2016
    4 years, 130k. Still going strong.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • nedsrestnedsrest Junior Member
    edited December 2016
    Mine die the other week had the car 3 years and 60,000 kms. Drove to the airport got home 4 days later dead. Got a delkor now and all is fine again


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Ma-rokMa-rok Junior Member
    edited December 2016
    Just died this week. 3.5 years, 90,000km.

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
  • ThumperThumper Supporting Member
    edited December 2016
    4 years now and still going.
  • Rob70Rob70 Member
    edited December 2016
    4 years and 8 months old. 58,000kms.....unbelievable. Never charged it
Sign In or Register to comment.