Dobinsons Rear Suspension

2»

Comments

• _Kingy_Kingy Forum Slave
    edited April 2016
    EdwinP wrote: »
    This is the report from my wheel alignment after my lift.

6aed8647e2278cc3183c170a85d5b8db.jpg

It shows some adjustment to the rear.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm with the the others, I don't think there is any adjustment in the rear - although changes at the front can also indicate changes at the rear due the cumulative effect on the alignment machine.

Got to remember, a change of 0.1 of a degree over the plane of a wheel of around 800mm diameter equates to around 0.03mm... There is a use for trig!!

Cheers
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited April 2016
    Solid live axle on the rear has no adjustment if mounted with leaf springs. [MENTION=4328]_Kingy[/MENTION] is right most likely just movement due to the front being tweaked.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with lots of custom mods.
  • QuetQuet Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi Mark, as you've seen my canopy on my single cab and how you picked my front tyres were worn because I didn't have enough weight over the front wheels hence ordering the hidden winch and recovery points to weigh down the front,
    but my issue is with the rear suspension as I go from 900 kg on the back to nothing when canopy is off. At present I have Iron Man Spring helpers with Firestone Air Bags supporting the back and Ok when loaded but extremely harsh when empty even with the minimum 7psi in the bags when unloaded, it actually improves the ride with the spring helpers on as I would normally take them off when the canopy was off. Since reading about your Dobinsons rear springs and improved ride over standard I have been wondering have you any ideas of what I can put on the rear and remove the air bags as they are what rattles the bones when empty, problem is still the large contrast of 900 kg to nothing problem.
    Hope you can help.

Cheers Steve.
  • WingnutR32WingnutR32 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Net4x4 wrote: »
    This setup is great for those that carry up to 180-200kg constantly, for example a canopy with draws, etc..
    The beauty about this set up is that even when unloaded it rides smoother & more comfortably than the genuine VW heavy duty leaf springs. .

I may be confusing myself on a simple statement here, but others may be able to provide some info for me.
    I can understand this being a 180 CONSTANT load, as Mark says, for canopies with drwas etc.. Then it is mentioned that it rides smoother and more comfortably when unloaded.

Question: Is unloaded meaning emtpy draws and empty canopy or no draws and no canopy..
  • EdwinPEdwinP Forum Slave
    edited May 2016
    I run these and have a completely empty tub and can confirm the ride feels much better than the hd springs.

I think you could run any combination of the above loads and they would perform better than the originals.
  • Billmoore1Billmoore1 Supporting Member
    edited May 2016
    EdwinP wrote: »
    I run these and have a completely empty tub and can confirm the ride feels much better than the hd springs.

I think you could run any combination of load and they would perform better than the originals.

Agree with@EdwinP wholeheartedly
  • WingnutR32WingnutR32 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Cheers guys, much appreciated for the quick response.
  • Yan50Yan50 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi. Have you still got any of these left?
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited July 2016
    [MENTION=5046]Yan50[/MENTION], yeah I can still do a few sets at that price.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with
    Lots of custom mods.
  • Johnny99Johnny99 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    [MENTION=5701]Net4x4[/MENTION], Mark, Are you back from your trip?

Sent you a personal message and an email to your address about quote for shocks and springs.

Hope you can get to them soon.

Cheers
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited July 2016
    Yep back now & be back to normal op from Monday.
    I've been slowly going through the copious emails, pms & messages.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    edited July 2016
    [MENTION=5701]Net4x4[/MENTION], Mark I haven't had any response to my PMs or emails and still waiting to take some Shocks, struts and springs off your hands.

Are you OK?
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited July 2016
    Hi [MENTION=7987]Johnny99[/MENTION], sorry mate yes I'm ok just been flat out this week working through all the messages after coming back & then had a big install to sort this week.
    I will have worked through all messages by the end of the weekend.
    aa33ca03bda43ac286ef4af71118228c.jpg

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    edited July 2016
    Mark, thanks for the heads-up. Will wait for your response.

Nice pic by the way. One of your kits?

Cheers
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited July 2016
    Thanks [MENTION=7987]Johnny99[/MENTION],
    My Bilsteins, H&R coils & Dobinsons in the rear.
    Nice clean setup & handles beautifully.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
  • Billmoore1Billmoore1 Supporting Member
    edited July 2016
    Looks a million bucks Mark
  • SAROKSAROK Posting Freak
    edited July 2016
    Bar looks awesome! Look forward to answer re my email on H&R coils when you get to it Mark [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk