Dobinsons Rear Suspension

Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
edited July 2016 in Net4x4
Ok, time for the next special deal. This time it's the back end that's getting the treatment.
I have up for grabs 15 sets of Dobinsons 180Kg 35mm lifted rear leaf springs complete with polyurethane bushes & U-bolts for the unbelievable price of $580. This would normally retail at $815.
Perfect time to upgrade the rear end if you have already done the front.
This setup is great for those that carry up to 180-200kg constantly, for example a canopy with draws, etc..
The beauty about this set up is that even when unloaded it rides smoother & more comfortably than the genuine VW heavy duty leaf springs.
So get in early as they wont last at this price.
de05136ea8661a905076105471b52140.jpg
25f06a279a87ac1224a17ad06b97dadd.jpg
6e6d287f060ea8e51ef9218a08e5c255.jpg

Mark
Net 4x4
www.net4x4.com.au
sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with
Lots of custom mods.

Comments

• JcaddJcadd Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    Do you have anything for caring a constant 450 to 550 KG?
  • ajrplmajrplm Junior Member
    edited February 2016
    G'day Mark,

Do you have any 400kg plus rated leafs?

My ute is at its gvm constantly. On my previous dual cabs the ARB 400 kg springs held the weight well, a little harsh when unladen.

Also has Bilstien shipped the up rated B6 shocks and struts into the country yet?

Cheers Andrew.
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited February 2016
    Dobinsons do a 300kg plus leaf C63-037-R which is actually more like 350kg or more plus.
    The best I can do on that in a full set would be $690. RRP is $867.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    Lots of custom mods.
  • KarlbotKarlbot Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi Mark, been chasing you for a while now about the bull bar mounts I ordered from you back in November...

I've called, emailed, text, and sent messages on FaceBook, but haven't heard from you since 21st January - noticed you've been active here, so thought I may get a response?

I understand there was an issue with the first set that was delivered, and I know ARB can be a pain to deal with, I'm just looking for an update on ETA?

If there is an issue or delay, that's fine, just keep me in the loop. If it can't be done, that's fine too, I'll grab the part numbers and the deposit I paid, and chase it up myself - either way, could you please let me know?

We're all busy, and I can understand there can be delays for multiple reasons, it's just frustrating when I haven't heard anything from you...

You can reach me via email, text, phone, FB, or here.

I look forward to hearing from you and installing my bar!

Thanks.
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=4860]Karlbot[/MENTION]

Hey Karl,
    Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday.
    I chased up with ARB yesterday & was waiting to hear back from them today about it before I got in touch.
    As it turns out the guy I was dealing with at ARB is no longer working there & it doesn't look like anyone was following his emails, hence why i wasn't getting any response from them.
    The good news though is I just got of the phone with another guy who has told me it is in their system which means that it has only recently landed in their warehouse.
    He's tracking it down & going to let me know later today or tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
    It's crazy the massive lead time on spare parts for their bars, unfortunately that's what happens when it's not made here.
    Be in touch soon.

Cheers

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    Lots of custom mods.
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=5701]Net4x4[/MENTION] mark! Your alive haha. All good mate. I'll put the rest of the money in your acc right now. Thanks for getting back to me pal!
  • ajrplmajrplm Junior Member
    edited March 2016
  • SriskraSriskra Member
    edited March 2016
    Pm sent thanks Mark
  • PinheadPinhead Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi Mark, would be interested but haven't done anything on the front yet (just got a delta nudge with spotties), what would be the cost of a recommended front setup with the idea in the future for a grill mounted winch??

Cheers

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited March 2016
    Hey mark did arb get back to you with any info the other day? [MENTION=5701]Net4x4[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited March 2016
    Yep, they finally got back to me, the kits come in.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with lots of custom mods.
  • Yan50Yan50 Member
    edited March 2016
    Have you got any of the 180kg rears left mate
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=5046]Yan50[/MENTION]. Yeah got 4 or 5 sets still at that price. Email me at sales@net4x4.com.au rather than pm as the pms aren't that reliable.

Cheer

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with lots of custom mods.
  • EdwinPEdwinP Forum Slave
    edited March 2016
    2f73cd52c5c048f071c00417b4f4eb8a.jpg

Rear springs in over the weekend went from 585 to 625 so about 40mm, good result.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  • SU55SU55 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=5701]Net4x4[/MENTION] hi Mark. I carry about 270kg additional weight in the rear plus I've fitted a set of xrox sliders. I've lost a bit of height over standard and want it back plus some.

I've just ordered a set of uprated bilsteins, which leave set would you recommend?
  • JcaddJcadd Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi [MENTION=5221]EdwinP[/MENTION]
    What spring set did you purchase?

Thanks Dave
    edited March 2016
    Jcadd wrote: »
    Hi [MENTION=5221]EdwinP[/MENTION]
    What spring set did you purchase?

Thanks Dave
    Hi dave

035 medium duty spings, i am chuffed with them and the lift they gave. They will need some time to settle but the ride at moment is similar to my original hd spings. I kept the OEM shocks for the time being.

Cheers
    Ed

• Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=4341]SU55[/MENTION], if you carry 270kg I would still recommend the 035 leaf set as it's probably closer to low 200kg weight rating from what I've seen. The 300kg ( closer to mid 300kg ) leaf set would still be ok to use but the ride will be a lot stiffer if you don't have enough weight in or ridiculously harsh when you unload it. What quite a few guys are running is a 20mm lift block in the rear with the 035 leaves that way they have the best of both worlds, if they run loaded most of the time with varying weights it's still a comfortable ride will giving you the height of the heavy leaf set.

Cheer

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    Lots of custom mods.
  • SU55SU55 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=5701]Net4x4[/MENTION] Cheers Mark! What are they 20mm blocks and U bolts to suits worth by themselves? And what are the blocks made of?
  • Net4x4Net4x4 Vendor
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=4341]SU55[/MENTION].
    Hey Mark, the 20mm lift block & ubolt kit is $140 & the 25mm kit is $150.
    The blocks are solid high carbon steel

Cheers

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    Lots of custom mods.
  • mattipuhmattipuh Member
    edited March 2016
    U supply to Finland? ,)
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited March 2016
    mattipuh wrote: »
    U supply to Finland? ,)

Moro, I could drop them off in Helsinki on my way to M
  • mattipuhmattipuh Member
    edited March 2016
    [MENTION=219]Sambo[/MENTION] :D
    Id be interested in one 25mm set.
  • SU55SU55 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    A shout out to those who have the 300kg rear leafs. [MENTION=709]Tornado_ALIVE[/MENTION]

How long do they take to settle? I've just fitted mine today and getting new tyres tomorrow but wondering if I should hold off getting them fitted until the springs settle to save getting 2 wheel alignments? Rear measurement is currently 630mm from coh to bottom of flare.
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited April 2016
    I got a wheel alignment straight away. Mine rears have settled back to standard ride height...... Might be a bit of weight on the back :D. May need to have a chat to Mark about some lift blocks.
  • DrewDrew Super Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't believe the rear can be realigned

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited April 2016
    I am wondering if the height of the back or weight on the back can have a slight impact on the front wheel alignment. I was told to put the lift on and all weight front and back before wheel alignment.
  • Billmoore1Billmoore1 Supporting Member
    edited April 2016
    Drew wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't believe the rear can be realigned

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Have seen front to rear alignments done in the past. Not on a Rok though
  • SU55SU55 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    The rear can't be realigned but the lift did throw out the front. Actually ever since I added 280kg worth of canopy, drawers, 2 x 100agm batteries, fridge and fridge slide the front has been higher than it should. I guess it has a bit of a seesawing effect.

Before rear lift measurements
    Fr 575mm
    Fl 565mm
    Rr 553mm
    Rl 555mm

After lift measurements
    Fr 590mm
    Fl 575mm
    Rear 630mm

Needless to say but I'm hoping it settles in abit and the front comes down before I take it off-road again.
    edited April 2016
    This is the report from my wheel alignment after my lift.

6aed8647e2278cc3183c170a85d5b8db.jpg

It shows some adjustment to the rear.