Forum Rules

CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
edited March 2018 in Forum Rules
The following items will NOT be tolerated:
- Personal attacks based on race / gender / sexual orientation / personal opinion
- Excessive trolling with the primary intent of provoking other members into emotional responses, and or disrupting normal on-topic discussion
- Postwhoring which is best defined as posting short / unnecessary replies multiple times in the same thread, or creating multiple threads
- Linking of illegal material such as; Torrents, Newsgroups
- Creation of multiple user/member accounts to bypass account restrictions or for trolling purposes
- Advertising without prior approval from Site Management
- Drug talk.

Info for New Members
New members must reply to 1 existing thread before they can create new threads. The new thread posting feature will be automatically enabled once a new member has responded to an existing thread. This process can take up to 10 minutes.

Creating new Threads
Check to see if your question has been asked already before you start a new thread - do a search, try a few different key words & terms, read through the index pages of the section where your question best fits to see if there is already something answering your question. Don't post more than one thread - keep it to one question, one poster, one section, one thread! And lets try to create threads in areas where they belong. If in doubt, contact either a Moderator or one of the senior members through private message & they will be happy to help you out. Keep the title short and to the point. Long thread titles are annoying.

Replying to threads
Preferably use the Post Reply or Quick Reply options to answer a thread & avoid Quoting, especially the last post in the thread, unless it is essential for your reply to make sense, and even then please edit the quote to leave just the essential portion & the quote remarks. >> how to do this.
Let's try to keep all replies on topic & not get too caught up in our personal feelings for or against each other. We all have our opinions on people & as much as a bit of banter can be a good thing, let's try to keep it to a mimimum when replying to unrelated topics.

Posting Etiquette
Although adding smiley face Imoticons such as :o ::) :P :-* and other forms of expression adds to the personality of the forum, which is encouraged, please refrain from posting many multiple submissions in the one post to form words etc. Whilst this may be amusing to some, it contains code which is more complexed than plain text and therefore requires much more time to load and inconveniences those on dial up services.

Personal Attacks
Personal attacks or posts containing negative or derogatory comments directed toward a member or their post/s will be deleted and offender receive a warning. Members who persist in posting in such a way will have their account suspended for a period of time. Additionally, members posting in such a way, be it content, irrelevancy or excessive frequency that the Admin team deems as attracting, inviting or inciting such attacks will also have their post/s deleted, receive a warning and/or have their account suspended for a period of time should they persist.

Keeping to the thread topic
It has been agreed that if any of us wish to post a topic in which we are adamant that the subject remain within the bounds of reason, all we have to do is include an exclamation mark found in the message icon box before posting the thread. This way all Moderators will insure the respect of the Original poster is ensured.

Please adhere to the above Rules and Guidelines to make AusAmarok a great forum.

Regards,
Ashley
Founder, AusAmarok.

Comments

• CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited August 2011
    Just to add,

Administrators and Moderators have full rights to moderate posts, issue warnings, lock threads, and even ban members if the rules of the forum are not followed.

AusAmarok is an International forum, not just Australian. We have members from all around the globe, therefore we need to keep a good image, not only for our members, but very importantly, for our forum sponsors as well.

AusAmarok stands by it's moderating team. If you have any issues or concerns, please PM one of our team. If you have a problem with a member of the moderating team, please PM me.
  • CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited August 2011
    Forum Rules updated 22/08/2011

Please read carefully.

If you have any queries, PM a member of the forum team.
  • QBALLSQBALLS Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    understood, excellent breif as havent really been part of forums before, cheers for induction so that hopefully dont post any repetiative threads
  • sclarke7171sclarke7171 Posting Freak
    edited June 2012
    About time this was put out. Want to see a locked down forum. Go to AULRO. You fart near your pc they ban you.

;)
  • drivesafedrivesafe Vendor
    edited September 2012
    Want to see a locked down forum. Go to AULRO. You fart near your pc they ban you.

Hi sclarke and thats a bit unfair.

AULRO is one of the best run forums and this one seems to be working in a similar manor.
  • sclarke7171sclarke7171 Posting Freak
    edited September 2012
    Ha ha ha.
    Dave loves me. I'm sure I, mick and Justin got banned more times than anyone else. Funny how life goes slower when you can't troll a forum.
    Some forums have strict rules. Some are open. Go to a few Porsche ones. They are open slather !!!!

Steve
  • nicknznicknz Supporting Member
    edited July 2013
    Rules updated 23/07/13. Added section on New Members
  • Scorp69Scorp69 Supporting Member
    edited July 2013
    Nick, where is the new section on 'new members'?
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Scorp, apologies, we had 'new users' rather than 'new members' - fixed now.
    edited July 2013
    Oh ok...all good...this is what you are talking about...great idea:

"New Members
    New members will not be able to create threads until they have 5 posts. Once a new member has 5 posts they will be moved from Registered Member to AusAmarok Member, this is an automatic process.
    We ask new members to use the search feature for any questions they might have".
    edited August 2013
    Rules updated 26/08/13 - changes bolded.

New Members
    New members will not be able to create threads until they have 5 posts. Once a new member has 5 posts they will be moved from Registered Member to AusAmarok Member, this is an automatic process. New users are further restricted in their ability to create signatures until they are moved to the AusAmarok Member group. We ask new members to use the search feature for any questions they might have.
  • nicknznicknz Supporting Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Steevo
  • DiegotheCatDiegotheCat Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    Steevo wrote: »
    Rules updated 26/08/13 - changes bolded.

New Members
    New members will not be able to create threads until they have 5 posts. Once a new member has 5 posts they will be moved from Registered Member to AusAmarok Member, this is an automatic process. New users are further restricted in their ability to create signatures until they are moved to the AusAmarok Member group. We ask new members to use the search feature for any questions they might have.

Hey new member here, to throw a spanner in the works, not being able to create a new thread is pretty annoying when you dont have much to contribute on existing threads as generally newbies have a very limited knowledge base.

It mentions in the "buying an Amarok" section "Considering an Amarok? post up in here, and we'll guide you in the right direction". But you cant create a thread and ask the things you need to know because you haven't posted 5 times. I know 5 is only a small number trying to post up some dribble in other threads before you get a chance to create your own thread is friggin annoying.

But maybe an exception could be made in this particular subsection as the questions I wanted to ask no one else had talked about yet and it was weighin high on my decision on whether to buy the car or not.

just my 2c....
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for thoughts, we know it's a little restrictive for new members but its very restrictive for spammers.

BTW, your post count was 9 before I started this reply, you're good to go start your own thread.
  • davedave Supporting Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey new member here, to throw a spanner in the works, not being able to create a new thread is pretty annoying when you dont have much to contribute on existing threads as generally newbies have a very limited knowledge base.

It mentions in the "buying an Amarok" section "Considering an Amarok? post up in here, and we'll guide you in the right direction". But you cant create a thread and ask the things you need to know because you haven't posted 5 times. I know 5 is only a small number trying to post up some dribble in other threads before you get a chance to create your own thread is friggin annoying.

But maybe an exception could be made in this particular subsection as the questions I wanted to ask no one else had talked about yet and it was weighin high on my decision on whether to buy the car or not.

just my 2c....

You can ask any question in any thread you like that may be reverent. Any and everybody can see it and respond if they so desire, plus you don't have to start a new thread to be noticed, in fact the more threads there are the more the forum gets clogged up in my view.

Feel free to ask away, but please do a search before you open a new thread. You can even resurrect a old thread if you would like more info on the topic.

And that's my 2c..........
  • slandellsslandells Member
    edited August 2013
    Is there a way to bypass this rule for a particular section?

I've participated in forums where you can't make new threads without starting your own in an "Introduce yourself" section. If there is a way to create this section and an exception, this might help those who feel they can't contribute in any other way (strange, I know, but it's come up...).

Stuart.
  • DiegotheCatDiegotheCat Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    That is exactly what I was going to ask Stuart
  • TriggyTriggy Member
    edited November 2013
    Yep. I agree with slandells and DiegotheCat. I am on this thread as I couldn't work out how to post a thread on the Introductory Topic as a new member before I went out into thread land. And you do encourage new members to introduce themselves when they sign up. (Only 4 replies to go now before I can introduce myself)
    edited November 2013
    The 5 post limit weeds out spammers creating crappy posts that give us all the irits.

Anyone desperate to create a new thread can PM a moderator or admin and ask for their restriction to be lifted.

Triggy, your restriction has been lifted. ;-)
  • forbyforby Junior Member
    edited January 2014
    As a new member it is quite restrictive when all you want to do at first is introduce yourself. I didn't have this type of issue when I joined the Triton group with my last ute.
    It is also difficult to find these rules for the first timers.
    edited January 2014
    Welcome forby. There is a thread called member introductions that you can post that info in. The powers to be designed it that way to stop newbies opening duplicate thread instead of using the search function to see if the thread already exists. May this forum be a great source of info to you as it has been to many.
    edited January 2014
    Hi forby,

Welcome to the AusAmarok forums.

Your feedback has been noted and I've have added a link to the rules from my signature. Assuming people access the forum via a browser and come across one of my posts, they can locate the rules via the link.

I have also removed your 5 post restriction, post away. ;-)

Cheers

Steve
  • forbyforby Junior Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the prompt service. I look forward to reading and posting!
  • D-RokD-Rok Member
    edited February 2014
    Why cant i post in the forum?
  • dalmacija91dalmacija91 Forum Slave
    edited February 2014
    D-Rok wrote: »
    Why cant i post in the forum?

Hi D-Rok
    New members have a 5 post limit prior to being able to post a new thread. This restriction was put in place to avoid new members beginning new thread on topics which have already been visited.
    If you are looking at doing an introductory thread [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] is your man!

Dan - ACV
    MY12 Ultimate Natural Grey
  • D-RokD-Rok Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi D-Rok
    New members have a 5 post limit prior to being able to post a new thread. This restriction was put in place to avoid new members beginning new thread on topics which have already been visited.
    If you are looking at doing an introductory thread [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] is your man!

Dan - ACV

So yeah i was looking to post in the introductions thread... whos Steevo and how do i get hold of him?
  • dalmacija91dalmacija91 Forum Slave
    edited February 2014
    In my pervious post, click on Steevo's name. That will take you to his home page, from there just send him a personal message requesting permission to post in the introduction thread.
    I highlighted his name hoping he would of seen this already. He is a busy man which is why we probably haven't heard from him.

Hope this solves it mate :)

Dan - ACV
  • tintinztintinz Super Moderator
    edited February 2014
    [MENTION=4096]D-Rok[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2442]dalmacija91[/MENTION] Steevo is away in India for work with limited internet access so anything you need just drop me a line and I can sort it out for you
  • brookes2622brookes2622 Supporting Member
    edited February 2014
    tintinz wrote: »
    D-Rokdalmacija91 Steevo is away in India for work with limited internet access so anything you need just drop me a line and I can sort it out for you

WHAT! I don't remember approving the leave application.
  • tintinztintinz Super Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Lol I told him to stay off buses and don't get lost and ask for directions while in India