National Amarok meet (Wodonga) 2016

ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
edited April 2016 in National
Heres a proposal that we have a National meet up in Wodonga sometime in 2016.
Why Wodonga , well the TAFE has 2 courses for 4x4s and their own track
I know some on here are most proficient at the bush bashing but with this you get an Official TAFE Certificate
First course is about 4x4 driving , second course is 4x4 driving and recovery
Both courses are Theory and Practical on the track
Recently a comparison write up of 4x4s used this course as the basis for their testing
Pricing the one day course is $495 and the 2 day course is $850 however my thoughts are if we do have a number of persons interested we should be able to negotiate a better price for either course and accomodation
Anyway that is something to think and comment about
Please post up your thoughts and ideas
Regards
Oz

Comments

• fishofisho Forum Addict
    edited December 2015
    Sounds like a plan Oz.
    Like the jdea of getting a bit of education whilst meeting like minded people.
    Maybe the ACV can get a better price anyway given their previous track record.

Keep us posted on prospective dates.
  • ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
    edited December 2015
    No dates yet [MENTION=4411]fisho[/MENTION] , just an idea that might generate some interest
    Oz
  • BlackWolfBlackWolf Posting Freak
    edited December 2015
    I'm interested
  • fossROKfossROK Supporting Member
    edited December 2015
    I think the ACQ could probably add some participants as well. Sounds like a great idea [MENTION=1381]ozcaddy[/MENTION]
  • canyonerocanyonero Posting Freak
    edited December 2015
    ozcaddy wrote: »
    No dates yet [MENTION=4411]fisho[/MENTION] , just an idea that might generate some interest
    Oz
    Better warn the fish and chip shop you blokes are coming!
  • IndigoIndigo Supporting Member
    edited December 2015
    If it happens someone will have to organize the chilly kranskys
    edited December 2015
    Indigo wrote: »
    If it happens someone will have to organize the chilly kranskys

Maybe we will have to change the name to National Amarok movable Feast with a bit of 4x4 driving thrown in
    Oz
    I will put my hand up for a spot on the organising committee (simple to do , bookings , food and money) hard part getting a suitable date
    Oz
  • Joey PJoey P Member
    edited December 2015
    I am also interested!
  • CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited December 2015
    Should have had it in August while I was driving through Wodonga :p

I'd suggest mid-late August to coincide with the Melbourne 4x4 Show.
  • bt50libt50li Forum Slave
    edited December 2015
    Why don't you all come out and cross the Simpson in July?
  • snapsimosnapsimo Supporting Member
    edited December 2015
    Hmmm......that's tempting Oli

ACQ Eastside Massive!!! Proud former ACV member[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    edited December 2015
    [MENTION=1669]bt50li[/MENTION] , will there be Chili Kransky and Fish n Chips
    Oz
    edited December 2015
    ACQ is heading to the Simmo in July, couple of us are going to the big red bash. For those not keen they're going to meet us a Birdsville the day after then we will cross the Simmo. No excuses lets cross the desert, head to Ayers Rock with the Roks.
  • piotrek52piotrek52 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yes I'm interested, waiting for data. 👍👍👍

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    edited December 2015
    Here is a very rough plan and will be doing up a detailed trip plan in the coming months to be sent out to our ACQ members. Our plan is to take three days to get to Birdsville, we have a little fella who can tolerate four hours in a car a day so take our time with it. Do the big red bash for three days then camp in Birdsville for a day or two afterwards for those who are coming but not doing the big red bash. This is depending on the traffic, plus I want a shot of all the Roks up on big red without the crowds.

From there take the Simmo track to Mt dare, I'm giving this three days to four since it will be a four to five hour each day travelling and it's hard going. Only 450km but it ain't highway and we love our beer with relaxation.

From Mt dare head to Ayers Rock and camp there for a couple of days, try to climb the rock plus check out hells canyon. From there if people need to beeline home they can, depending on time we will travel to Coober pedy, and then home. Plan are best kept loose as who knows what might happen with the weather and tracks and the like.

I believe some ACV guys are coming to the bash and although this is an ACQ trip all ROKs are welcome. It's a big trip and one a lot of people put off because they don't have anyone to go with, we've bought our tickets to the bash so are committed. I have two people I know coming form our side, what's stopping you!

Cheers Oli
  • piotrek52piotrek52 Member
    edited December 2015
    Looks good. 👍👍👍🍻🍻🍻

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    edited December 2015
    Hey [MENTION=1669]bt50li[/MENTION] , is Wodonga in the middle of the Simmo , Geez you make it tough (lol) Bl--dy Thread Hijackers they are everywhere
    Oz
    edited December 2015
    Sorry oz my bad. [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] I know I ask a lot but could you move my nonsense to its own thread in national called Roks to the Rock
    edited December 2015
    No worries [MENTION=1669]bt50li[/MENTION] , just noticed we have a man on the ground just near Wodonga , [MENTION=6944]Autodas[/MENTION] , you know anything about this course and location
    Cheers
    Oz
    edited December 2015
    If you have no luck oz my brother live in Albury and has worked for the tafe at Wodonga this year
  • RooRoo Posting Freak
    edited December 2015
    Great idea Oz. We could hit up Wodonga Prestige Volkswagen for a bit of sponsoring in the way of some lucky door prizes perhaps. They may even want to display some new ones!!
    edited December 2015
    [MENTION=2398]Roo[/MENTION] , if it starts to come together i was going to approach Pat Callinan and VWA with a plan
    Thanks [MENTION=1669]bt50li[/MENTION]
    Oz
    edited December 2015
    [MENTION=1381]ozcaddy[/MENTION] not to try and thread steal again but pat in the hat is going to be out in the desert in July funnily enough at the big red bash, I believe someone is trying to organise a meet out there ;)
    edited December 2015
    bt50li wrote: »
    [MENTION=1381]ozcaddy[/MENTION] not to try and thread steal again but pat in the hat is going to be out in the desert in July funnily enough at the big red bash, I believe someone is trying to organise a meet out there ;)
    Mate [MENTION=1669]bt50li[/MENTION] we have no date as yet , but in the ideal world I think the lads possibly may want to attend both
    Regards
    Oz
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited December 2015
    FYI the ACV do their 4x4 training at the Melbourne 4x4 Proving grounds at Werribee for a heavily discounted rate as we are affiliated with 4wd Victoria.

The Simpson would be a much better place for a National meet as it is on most people's bucket list. The Big Red Bash would be a great final place to meet up.
  • AutodasAutodas Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    All,
    I don't have much knowledge of the layout at the Wodonga Tafe. It's down the freeway about 15ks at the Logic centre. On flat ground with climbs and humps etc pushed up with dozers as they have a plant training set up there as well. Appears to be pretty tame, looking at it from the road as I've driven past there a fair bit lately.
    I agree with Tornado_ALIVE that the Werribee site would likely be a better training spot and have meeting out in the Simpson.

Just my 2 bobs worth
    edited December 2015
    I thought Wodonga as it is a bit closer for Sydney/Brisbane folk if they were interested
    Oz
  • RooRoo Posting Freak
    edited December 2015
    I agree with the Simpson idea as a bucket list destination but I think there would be bigger numbers at a more central location ie. Wodonga. So it depends on who you want to go!!
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited December 2015
  • DrewDrew Super Moderator
    edited December 2015
    image_zpsyibpl01c.jpeg
    Been closed for years. :(