Sneak peak of the Monster Rides Amarok Diff Relocation Kit...

Monster RidesMonster Rides Vendor
edited May 2017 in Monster Rides
After a long R&D process we are almost ready to roll with the Monster Rides Diff Relocation kit... Production stock is being built at the moment.

IMG_3302_zpsezhlol3y.jpg

Drops the diff about 27mm.

More details and pricing in about a week.

We will look to launch it with a Group Buy as well.

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• ARokyARoky Posting Freak
    edited September 2015
    Any idea on pricing?
  • WinchyWinchy Forum Addict
    edited September 2015
    Oohhhh, does this mean the diff filler plug will finally be accessible?
  • davedave Supporting Member
    edited September 2015
    Winchy wrote: »
    Oohhhh, does this mean the diff filler plug will finally be accessible?

Not necessarily. 27mm may make harder. :(
  • WinchyWinchy Forum Addict
    edited September 2015
    dave wrote: »
    Not necessarily. 27mm may make harder. :(
    Thanks Dave.... I think[emoji22]
    Ahhh what am I concerned about? It's lifetime oil ain't it?
    The good folk at VW reminded me of that when I ordered 3l of rear diff oil[emoji58]
  • TamarokTamarok Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    So this essentially allows more suspension lift? If I already have an Outback Armour kit how would I go higher? Strut spacers?
  • Build360Build360 Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Tamarok wrote: »
    So this essentially allows more suspension lift? If I already have an Outback Armour kit how would I go higher? Strut spacers?
    Yes mate... more suspension lift... with strut spacers or bigger springs.. preferably bigger springs... once the parts are released i will look to do the same

Cheers..... Glenn
  • _Kingy_Kingy Forum Slave
    edited September 2015
    Dubakar wrote: »
    Yes mate... more suspension lift... with strut spacers or bigger springs.. preferably bigger springs... once the parts are released i will look to do the same

Cheers..... Glenn

So longer struts required too?

Cheers,

Kingy.
    edited September 2015
    _Kingy wrote: »
    So longer struts required too?

Cheers,

Kingy.
    Ultimately... yes mate... but most aftermarket should be ok for another inch... however best to check with the manufacturer. I ran a hilux with drop down diff, 2 inch old man emu's and inch strut blocks and never had a problem

Cheers..... Glenn
  • _Kingy_Kingy Forum Slave
    edited September 2015
    Ultimately... yes mate... but most aftermarket should be ok for another inch... however best to check with the manufacturer. I ran a hilux with drop down diff, 2 inch old man emu's and inch strut blocks and never had a problem

Cheers..... Glenn

Thanks mate!

So I've currently got Billies with 038s, fitting this effectively won't give any more lift, just improve CV angle, but will allow for more lift if I fit either; a strut spacer (sacrificing down travel), longer springs (sacrificing down travel), or longer struts and springs (max lift and suspension travel). Correct? Sorry, first 4x4 with IFS...

Cheers,

Kingy.
    edited September 2015
    _Kingy wrote: »
    Thanks mate!

So I've currently got Billies with 038s, fitting this effectively won't give any more lift, just improve CV angle, but will allow for more lift if I fit either; a strut spacer (sacrificing down travel), longer springs (sacrificing down travel), or longer struts and springs (max lift and suspension travel). Correct? Sorry, first 4x4 with IFS...

Cheers,

Kingy.
    No worries mate... its all relative to how you use your truck... if you are mostly on the bitumen but often hit the beach or dirt tracks then your struts with bigger springs should work fine ( both these and spacers reduce some up travel but shouldn't be a problem) however if you are do any full on offroading that requires as much wheel articulation as possible then you will need to sort longer struts/spring package.[emoji3]

Cheers..... Glenn
    edited September 2015

Cheers..... Glenn

Does Outback Armour do bigger springs for the amarok? Or do they need to be custom made?
  • TPSSATPSSA Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Exciting news!!!!! Looking forward to this product release :)
    edited September 2015
    Tamarok wrote: »
    Does Outback Armour do bigger springs for the amarok? Or do they need to be custom made?
    Pretty sure they don't... yet... Might be able to look at a King spring or another brand to work with the OA strut to get more lift

Cheers..... Glenn
    edited September 2015
    How would we go about getting longer struts and springs for bilstein, love my bilsteins and wouldn't want to go to another brand
  • g-richg-rich Posting Freak
    edited September 2015
    [MENTION=4079]ARoky[/MENTION] I think I recall reading recently that the updated front struts from Bilstein are actually already longer than OEM.

Here you go: http://www.ausamarok.com.au/forum/showthread.php/8086-Suspension-upgrade

http://www.bilsteinaustralia.com/products/itemlist/category/8-4x4-product-listing
  • VolkarokVolkarok Banned
    edited September 2015
    What is the situation with respect to the std bash guard?
    edited September 2015
    g-rich wrote: »
    [MENTION=4079]ARoky[/MENTION] I think I recall reading recently that the updated front struts from Bilstein are actually already longer than OEM.

Here you go: http://www.ausamarok.com.au/forum/showthread.php/8086-Suspension-upgrade

http://www.bilsteinaustralia.com/products/itemlist/category/8-4x4-product-listing

Might wait for info on pricing before I look into suspension
    edited September 2015
    I would normally assume any bilstein other than std bilsteins would be custom and cost more, and any height indications would refer to bilstein coils. But i dont know.
    edited September 2015
    74052ca0774a81f22abb02392486253f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  • TPSSATPSSA Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Not so squeezy!! Looking at that picture, the standard protection "bars" will need to move, but wouldn't be too hard a job?
  • TN85TN85 Member
    edited September 2015
    100% in!! 35s here i come.
    edited September 2015
    The bash guards supposedly bolt up. I dont know how yet.

Speaking generally, the advantage i see in doing this diff drop is if you fit longer travel shocks and thus gain more droop travel.

If you use it to increase the ride height above a normal raised height, the lower arms could end up at too much of an angle, which will create poor handling.

Ideally if you want more height you should lower the inner mounts for the lower arms as well.

Still very much initial thoughts though.
  • skinfeastskinfeast Member
    edited September 2015
    keenly interested.
    edited September 2015
    Any update on pricing and ETA?
  • skinfeastskinfeast Member
    edited September 2015
    This would require a mod plate wouldn't it?
  • MayJotsMayJots Posting Freak
    edited September 2015
    So is it just me or does 27mm not seem like a lot of gain for a "serious" mod..... I guess what I mean is if I'm only lifting my Rok 1.5 inches at the front should I get this fitted like I initially planned to, or is it only for those who need to correct their CV angle with a 2.5 inch lift??
  • CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited September 2015
    Pretty sure they don't... yet... Might be able to look at a King spring or another brand to work with the OA strut to get more lift

Cheers..... Glenn

OA have a longer coil now ;)
    edited September 2015
    Calibrated wrote: »
    OA have a longer coil now ;)
    Woo hoo... How much longer?[emoji3]
  • bt50libt50li Forum Slave
    edited September 2015
    Woo hoo... How much longer?[emoji3]

20mm, they ride beautiful.
    edited September 2015
    bt50li wrote: »
    20mm, they ride beautiful.
    Sweet mate... what's your measure now from hub centre to guard?