Webbs Ridge Trail -> Two Sticks Road

WingnutR32WingnutR32 Senior Member
edited June 2015 in ACT
Has anyone recently been on the powerline trail that joins Webbs Ridge Trail and Two Sticks Road?

Curious of its condition for a trip in the Rok.

ntOhVTLh.png

Comments

• straightsilverstraightsilver Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Have not been in a while keen to give it a try.
  • WingnutR32WingnutR32 Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Webbs ridge and powerline both turned out to be fun roads. Webbs was very busy, passed 12 cars and 6 bikes. Only one other Amarok in dark blue with ARB bull bar.

No major dramas on any of the trails, hardest part was Mt Coree with its usual rockiness.

Keen to do it again in reverse now.
  • straightsilverstraightsilver Senior Member
    edited June 2015
    Ah cool. I am keen to go up Mt Coree I only have stock suspension will I have enough clearance?
    edited June 2015
    Plenty of clearance, I only have stock suspension also.. I did have 32" rubber on for an extra 20mm clearance, but was not an issue.

The very last switchback has two lines you can try, one is quite rocky, but potentially easier on clearance, the other line has a ditch to cross and then a concreted breeze, but again, shouldn't be a problem (I'd take the ditch).

Once at the top, there is one boulder sitting in the middle where you generally do a three point turn, I was worried about hitting this when I went over it, but cleared. It is probably the only one I would avoid just in case.

Mods: Apologies, just realised this is in the Events section rather than Off-Road Adventures section. Feel free to move...
  • canyonerocanyonero Posting Freak
    edited June 2015
    WingnutR32 wrote: »
    Webbs ridge and powerline both turned out to be fun roads. Webbs was very busy, passed 12 cars and 6 bikes. Only one other Amarok in dark blue with ARB bull bar.

No major dramas on any of the trails, hardest part was Mt Coree with its usual rockiness.

Keen to do it again in reverse now.
    Wow hope the Dark Label has a better reverse gear than some. Ha ha. Nice trip report.
    edited June 2015
    Ha ha ha, yeah okay... I didn't mean in reverse gear.

But I would be keen to try some of the sections though, as I think there are some points I could get caught in reverse. Having said that, we reversed up onto rocks at the top of Mt Coree without problem, but only 2 of the 4 wheels were climbing.