rear lift

SkipSkip Member
edited May 2015 in Net4x4
Hi Mark, I'm after your recommendation. I have a 2 inch lift sys on the front which only lifted about 1 inch with winch and new bar on. I use my rock for camping and just driving around. I find that when the back is full of camp gear the back drops a fair bit and looses what little clearance it has. Should I get 25mm lift blocks or fork out big dollars on air bags and can you supply such parts. kind regards Skip

Comments

• bauercobauerco Vendor
    edited May 2015
    Hi [MENTION=4934]Skip[/MENTION], sorry for not replying sooner I didn't see your post.
    There are a couple ways to go with the rear suspension & it really depends on what you carry.
    I'm assuming you have the HD rear leafs, if that's the case & you only want a bit more height when loaded then a 25mm lift block kit at $140 is a good cheap option to achieve that but it will not increase you carrying capacity, your suspension will still go down when you load up it will just be 25mm higher. If you want to increase your carrying capacity for a constant load as well then you old need to change leaf springs. A set of Dobinsons 180kg plus leafs will give you a 35mm lift & are $630 including u-bolts & a poly bush kit. These leaf springs have the added benefit of carrying a constant load before dropping & are softer than the VW HD springs when driving around unloaded as they have more arc in them & so they have more travel until they rest on the weight bearing leafs. It's a dearer option so it's more about what suits your need & budget. I'm not a big fan of airbag so I don't really rate them as an option & they are dearer in most cases than changing springs.
    I hope this helps, if you require anymore info please let me know.

Cheers

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with
    Lots of custom mods.
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited May 2015
    Hi Mark, is there any chance you can get U bolts long enough to add some lift blocks to the Dobinson 7 leaf springs?
  • dalmacija91dalmacija91 Forum Slave
    edited May 2015
    Hi Mark, is there any chance you can get U bolts long enough to add some lift blocks to the Dobinson 7 leaf springs?

You planning on setting your tent up underneath your Rok?
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited May 2015
    I want to be able to walk under it.... :D

She has dropped a little with the extra weight I have added and drops further when she is fully loaded so just trying to restore a little height. I also have a Kaymar bar coming soon.
  • bauercobauerco Vendor
    edited May 2015
    [MENTION=709]Tornado_ALIVE[/MENTION]
    Hey Stephen, Yep I have U bolts that'll do the job. Just becarefull of going to high though as it will add to the angle of your drive shaft & possibly cause shattering. Only way to see for sure is try.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with lots of custom mods.
  • JasKylzJasKylz Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    You planning on setting your tent up underneath your Rok?

Ahahahahahahahaha!!!

On a side note, are they the HD Dob springs?
    Mine don't really sag at all, loaded or not, they're stiff as f&ck!

On second thought I didn't think mine were 7 spring though. Woah! [emoji15]

Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk