UACSA - Unofficial Amarok Club of SA

VolkarokVolkarok Banned
edited March 2017 in SA
The UACSA is welcoming new non-members! We are dedicated to the establishment of a group of active Rokkers based in South Australia, and anyone else that wants to join in. We have to crawl before we can walk, or run.

The organisation is currently without any formality or member structure, and is cooperation based.

We have pencilled in the dates of 2nd or 3rd of May 2015 for our first meet, the rest is up to us!

Comments

• MarkVMarkV Supporting Member
    edited April 2015
    Volkarok wrote: »
    The UACSA is welcoming new non-members! We are dedicated to the establishment of a group of active Rokkers based in South Australia, and anyone else that wants to join in. We have to crawl before we can walk, or run.

The organisation is currently without any formality or member structure, and is cooperation based.

We have pencilled in the dates of 2nd or 3rd of May 2015 for our first meet, the rest is up to us!
    [MENTION=4406]Volkarok[/MENTION]. Can I become the second non member? I'll give you a ring later re the Reynella venue. Looks like it is a goer.
  • TjaliWalpaTjaliWalpa Supporting Member
    edited April 2015
    Make me a third. Not certain I'll be able to participate a lot as I'm rural based, but being in SA, I'm keen to maintain an interest in activities and would participate when things fall into place. Early May is definitely out for me as we'll be picking up our van in Qld.

Bob
    edited April 2015
    TjaliWalpa wrote: »
    Make me a third. Not certain I'll be able to participate a lot as I'm rural based, but being in SA, I'm keen to maintain an interest in activities and would participate when things fall into place. Early May is definitely out for me as we'll be picking up our van in Qld.

Bob
    [MENTION=1280]TjaliWalpa[/MENTION] So you will be having a great time anyway. I have a van too, so will be able to meet somewhere, sometime!
  • TPSSATPSSA Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi guys, I'll take #4 in the UACAA members list!
    I'm in for 2nd-3rd May wherever it is.
    Mark, is there a spot down at Reynella? Sounds good and close to lots of nice pubs!
    Looking forward to it guys!
    Tim.
  • SAROKSAROK Posting Freak
    edited April 2015
    Put me down as no 5, possibility I'll be away that weekend but it not will be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TjaliWalpaTjaliWalpa Supporting Member
    edited April 2015
    MarkV wrote: »
    [MENTION=1280]TjaliWalpa[/MENTION] So you will be having a great time anyway. I have a van too, so will be able to meet somewhere, sometime!

No Mark, it will be a rushed trip. Not even certain of exact date yet. I'm hoping to get a fit out of custom drawers from Drifta (Glouster, NSW), then up to the Sunshine Coast to pick up an AOR Matrix. Got a hell of a lot of wiring to do on the Amarok between now and leaving though. Started on the brake controller today.

Dealer still hasn't fitted the tow bar and loom yet and still waiting on the ARB canopy. Only a month to go and I'm getting anxious.
  • hardbayhardbay Junior Member
    edited April 2015
    Put me down. Reynella is good for me
  • VolkarokVolkarok Banned
    edited April 2015
    Great.

The numbers are climbing. I just want to assure people that unless some unbeknown problem arises this will go ahead. If an unbeknown problem does arise everyone will be informed at the earliest opportunity in this thread. If some people cant make it, it will still go ahead.

The plan at this stage is to keep the communication on the upcoming event in this thread. It is a very efficient form of communication and saves any given individual from an overburden.

The event is open to all forms of rok from standard to highly modified, and all levels of inexperience. The terrain ranges from dirt tracks to rugged hillclimbs that will be of interest to all types. Healthy caution is sensible to ensure you dont bite off more than you can chew, i have not driven all tracks! All assistance will be given within the group to ensure where possible vehicles are not damaged.

I dont want to dwell on the name because thats not what we are here for, but although "U-A-C-S-A" does surprisingly roll off my tongue okay, there is a part of me that might prefer a name like the "SA Rokkers". Food for thought. A prize for attending our first event could be voting rights on the name!
    edited April 2015
    TPSSA wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'll take #4 in the UACAA members list!
    I'm in for 2nd-3rd May wherever it is.
    Mark, is there a spot down at Reynella? Sounds good and close to lots of nice pubs!
    Looking forward to it guys!
    Tim.

Hi [MENTION=2896]TPSSA[/MENTION] There is a spot at Reynella that I went and checked out as I have heard that it is a no no. There was a copper in the car park giving a young lad some wise information, so I waited for him to finish and had a chat with him. Long and short is there is no problem if we don't go onto private property, rip around like idiots, and of course no burnouts! I had to chuckle, as given my age (55), and my choice of vehicle, I don't think we would be there doing burnouts!!! He was fine with it.
    edited April 2015
    Hi [MENTION=2839]MarkV[/MENTION] sounds good to me. I'm always up for a new spot to try out.
    I'll be able to give you guys my thoughts on the Border Track when we meet up, I'm off with friends this weekend! Spoilt huh!
    Cheers,
    Tim.
  • WhispererWhisperer Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm in too! Looking forward to meeting the locals, and reynella sounds like an easy drive.
    Glad there's a range of tracks there, it'll be good to see some of the more experienced crew putting roks through the more serious challenges and getting some confidence to try mine out too!
    edited April 2015
    Welcome to everyone that hopes to attend our first trip!

On another topic, i intend to fit my outback armour front and rear shocks and reset rear leaves this saturday 11th april. Maybe i can fit the front and then dash off for a wheel alignment, dunno.

So if anyone wants to see things about the suspension, or other mods i have done or am doing, or how to do or not do things, or chip in, or provide access to a hoist, etc, they are welcome 😆.

Just please be mindful i need to get at least the front done hopefully on saturday, and i am slow at it.
    edited April 2015
    [MENTION=4406]Volkarok[/MENTION] [MENTION=5144]Whisperer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2896]TPSSA[/MENTION] [MENTION=2839]MarkV[/MENTION] [MENTION=5244]hardbay[/MENTION] [MENTION=1280]TjaliWalpa[/MENTION] [MENTION=60]SAROK[/MENTION]

I think I have all of us that have responded. As time gets closer, we have to pick the day - Sat 3 or Sun 4 May. Give us your preferences and we will go with the most popular. May I propose that we meet in the southern most car park at Hallett Cove sports complex. It is about one Kilometre south of the Hallett Cove shopping centre on the left as you travel South down Lonsdale Road. It is on the left as the road starts bearing to the right. How about 10:00 am? Bit of a chinwag, meet and greet, a bit of a drive through where we are allowed, some lunch around 12:30-1:00 pm, more of a drive afterwards. I am going to take a small portable BBQ, but you can bring sangas or whatever you like.

Hopefully hearing from as many as can make it. Fingers crossed for some good weather.

Remind me on the day to talk about a trip to Peake sometime, which will take a bit of organising because it will have to be on weekdays. Well worth it though.
    edited April 2015
    I vote for sat because it gives us a bit of flexibility. If say it is bucketing down on sat, we can postpone to sun. So i am saying i can do either day.

The schedule you propose sounds good to me Mark. Are you suggesting we eat on site?
    edited April 2015
    I vote for sat because it gives us a bit of flexibility. If say it is bucketing down on sat, we can postpone to sun. So i am saying i can do either day.

The schedule you propose sounds good to me Mark. Are you suggesting we eat on site?

Sounds good to me, but we will have to make a decision probably based on the weather forecast. I can do either day too, but some may not be as flexible. What say we make a decision by the Monday before?

I thought that we would have lunch on site, but majority rules, and maybe others would like a pub lunch (or whatever). I don't mind either way, we just have to work it out beforehand. Don't want to take a BBQ and end up at the pub. Hallett Cove has a pub that does reasonable meals, and is only a K away. I am flexible. I suppose we wait for a bit of feedback, then make the decisions....
    edited April 2015
    Hi all, my preference would be Sunday 4th May, but can do Saturday 3rd May if that's the decision.
    I'd be happy with a pub meal for lunch if it's only a kay away,but again majority rules.
    Looking forward to it!
    edited April 2015
    Just a correction, the dates in question are sat 2nd or sun 3rd May.
    edited April 2015
    Just a correction, the dates in question are sat 2nd or sun 3rd May.

Sorry. My bad.
    edited April 2015
    If we start at 10am and cook lunch and have a group of four or more including std vehicles we might drive half the tracks or less.

Thats fine, but I note that a 900 or 930 start and or pub lunch would create more time and reduce any risk of slower vehicles pressuring themselves.
    edited April 2015
    [MENTION=4406]Volkarok[/MENTION] [MENTION=5144]Whisperer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2896]TPSSA[/MENTION] [MENTION=2839]MarkV[/MENTION] [MENTION=5244]hardbay[/MENTION] [MENTION=1280]TjaliWalpa[/MENTION] [MENTION=60]SAROK[/MENTION]

Yep. Sounds good. So at this stage we make it 0900 Saturday, meet in southern car park, and take it from there. Saturdays weather forecast is looking good. Are we agreed to have lunch at Hallett Cove Tavern? Sounds OK to me. If anyone has any problems finding the place, I will be on Channel 15 UHF CB, or my phone number is 0429 670 094. Looking forward to a great day.
    edited April 2015
    I hope i can drag myself out of bed on time 😀

After the recent rain the boghole could be 'interesting'. Is your winch working Mark? We dont have to do it though. I skipped it when i went there, if i got stuck that would likely have been it.
    edited April 2015
    I hope i can drag myself out of bed on time ��

After the recent rain the boghole could be 'interesting'. Is your winch working Mark? We dont have to do it though. I skipped it when i went there, if i got stuck that would likely have been it.

Winch is working a treat. Not supposed to be any rain during the week, so shouldn't be too bad hopefully.
    edited April 2015
    Sounds good guys. Looking forward to it.
    edited April 2015

Anybody got any problems with the plans for next Saturday? Looks at this stage there may be a shower or two, but given that, I'm up for it. Haven't tried my downhill desent yet. Are all happy with a 0900 meet, or do you want to change it to a little later, say 0930? Depending on how far you have to travel. Get back to me ASAP so we can set a definate time. All happy with a pub lunch at the Cove Tavern? I will bring my laptop and VCDS cable for anyone who wants anything changed or just wants a scan. If you want a scan and take the results with you, bring along a USB stick or SD card. Looking forward to meeting you all.
  • SAROKSAROK Posting Freak
    edited April 2015
    Hi Mark, got a full day Saturday with a number of commitments but should be able to fit in the pub meal, what time should I meet you guys at the Cove Tavern? Cheers Dave

edited April 2015
    Hi Mark, I'm happy to meet at 9:30am as I have to come from the other side of town.
    The Cove Tavern sounds great.
    See you all this Saturday.
    Tim.
    edited April 2015
    SAROK wrote: »
    Hi Mark, got a full day Saturday with a number of commitments but should be able to fit in the pub meal, what time should I meet you guys at the Cove Tavern? Cheers Dave

Anyone have any problems with 1230 lunch at the Tavern? If not, it's 1230 !
    edited April 2015
    TPSSA wrote: »
    Hi Mark, I'm happy to meet at 9:30am as I have to come from the other side of town.
    The Cove Tavern sounds great.
    See you all this Saturday.
    Tim.

Sounds good to me. 0930 it is.
  • WhispererWhisperer Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi Mark, 9:30 is good for me. Look forward to it.
    Rok is stock, but certainly interested in a scan of the system too..
    See you all then, it'll be great to put some faces to the names and posts!
    Steven
    edited April 2015
    Great. See you then!