Net 4x4 Highly reccomended

Comments

• houdinihoudini Supporting Member
    edited August 2015
    dave wrote: »
    Have a rest and do the other side next weekend. [emoji12]

Its not a hard job but it certainly makes it easier if you have the right tools. Because you're not using them every day and not making a living from them then you don't need Snap On tools, cheapie ones will suffice.

My box of 50 Torx and Spline bits only cost me $40 and I've never broken one. The equivalent in SO would be $400-500. Same goes for my 600mm $30 breaker bar.

"You don't know what you don't know"

Cheers dave

Care to share where you got that set of Torx and Splines? And what brand they are?

Thanks
    John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • MarkVMarkV Supporting Member
    edited August 2015
    houdini wrote: »
    Care to share where you got that set of Torx and Splines? And what brand they are?

Thanks
    John

[MENTION=1742]houdini[/MENTION] This is the set that I bought. Adapters for 3/8 and 1/2inch drives. Haven't broken any. Apparently German built. $50

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271839112627?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    edited August 2015
    Sold! Thank you [MENTION=2839]MarkV[/MENTION]

• PiemolePiemole Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Made in Taiwan mate, I'm gonna buy some too though :P
    edited August 2015
    Noticed that. For the price and review I am happy :)

• TjaliWalpaTjaliWalpa Supporting Member
    edited August 2015
    Noticed that. For the price and review I am happy :)

Me too 😊
  • davedave Supporting Member
    edited August 2015
    MarkV wrote: »
    [MENTION=1742]houdini[/MENTION] This is the set that I bought. Adapters for 3/8 and 1/2inch drives. Haven't broken any. Apparently German built. $50

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271839112627?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That kit is much the same as mine which I got from Robinson's Tool King, but I don't think they have many stores.
    edited August 2015
    Thanks

• bauercobauerco Vendor
    edited August 2015
    This the set that I use & abuse. Never broken one.
    http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Draper-33322-Expert-40-Piece-Tx-Star-Hexagon-and-Xzn-Mechanics-Bit-Set-/351434687003?nav=SEARCH

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with lots of custom mods.
  • ScotRokScotRok Supporting Member
    edited August 2015
    bauerco wrote: »
    http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Draper-33322-Expert-40-Piece-Tx-Star-Hexagon-and-Xzn-Mechanics-Bit-Set-/351434687003?nav=SEARCH

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with lots of custom mods.
    Hello stranger!
    Did you get my last email?
  • bauercobauerco Vendor
    edited August 2015
    Yeah I've only just come back online after being on a break, (dealing with family things & the flu to boot). I will be getting back to everyone over the next days or so.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with
    Lots of custom mods.
    edited August 2015
    Thanks [MENTION=1149]bauerco[/MENTION]. Will check that tool set out also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited August 2015

Quite frankly Mark, my observation of you is that you're not the type that would abuse anything. :cool: :D
    edited August 2015
    Yeah I've only just come back online after being on a break, (dealing with family things & the flu to boot). I will be getting back to everyone over the next days or so.

Mark
    Net 4x4
    www.net4x4.com.au
    sales@net4x4.com.au

Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY12 Reflex Silver Highline with
    Lots of custom mods.
    I understand, have been through a lot myself this past few years. Looking after my late father for three plus years, and finally finding what the doctors said was stress induced chronic fatigue, was in fact caused by an infected dental cyst around a root canal below my sinuses. Years of flu like symptoms etc.

I get the Rok next week, and need to get it fitted out ASAP.
  • snapsimosnapsimo Supporting Member
    edited August 2015
    Can't wait to see it. Should be a good beast with all the info on here.
    edited August 2015
    ScotRok wrote: »
    I get the Rok next week, and need to get it fitted out ASAP.

Io, you've only just landed on our convict island and within ten minutes you will have your 'new' rok accessorised to a point that has taken most of us years to achieve.

Arh, jealousy is a killer. hehehe. :blush:
    edited August 2015
    Io, you've only just landed on our convict island and within ten minutes you will have your 'new' rok accessorised to a point that has taken most of us years to achieve.

Arh, jealousy is a killer. hehehe. :blush:
    Don't get too jealous, I only need a roll n lock, cargo manager, A-bar & spotties, bonnet guard and later a towbar.
  • SydneyColSydneyCol Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    The best bit is that us late comers are benefiting from both the successes and failures of those before us. The info sharing on this site makes it seem so easy at times and often hides the blood, sweat and tears of those who post - a big thanks to all.
    edited August 2015
    SydneyCol wrote: »
    The best bit is that us late comers are benefiting from both the successes and failures of those before us. The info sharing on this site makes it seem so easy at times and often hides the blood, sweat and tears of those who post - a big thanks to all.

True, but they are also costing us money!💰 as we see what can be achieved.
    Have you looked at this thread [MENTION=6887]SydneyCol[/MENTION]. A few of us are meeting up last Saturday of the month.
    http://www.ausamarok.com.au/forum/showthread.php/5754-Where-to-find-the-best-Fish-n-Chips/page5
  • SydneyColSydneyCol Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    [MENTION=3959]ScotRok[/MENTION],

29th, looks good and by then I should have completed all the current playing on my single cab. Only problem might be a visit by friends from Canberra for a dinner and we might be playing with his Navara as a recent trip dislodged some electrical issues. Will advise on that thread.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Hajduk79Hajduk79 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Net4x4 thank you, and also for your messages throughout my first install this weekend [emoji106]🏼 Please know one ask me how long it all took [emoji28]
    8186ff8f48d0e923680629a9f71628c1.jpg116599af89090d35e8789a651edb2e29.jpg6185cdfcad264e902f96cb884a1ba009.jpg3be217eb6239af7796b5ef15514aae53.jpg
    The backs a little better and the misses is smiling again [emoji131] , if you know what I mean [emoji23]
    edited August 2015
    Looks good. It's ok, takes me ages to do anything too.

• Hajduk79Hajduk79 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Looks good. It's ok, takes me ages to do anything too.

Problems and regrets I encountered and for those first timers installing net4x4 gear !

1. Should of bought a hydraulic trolley jack !
    2. Should of bought a 600mm breaker bar !
    3. Did not tension old coils enough, nut ceased on old sruts when trying to take off boot. Threads damaged on old oem struts. One nut had to be removed with a grinder. Can these be fixed for resale ?
    4. Should of bought a 40 liter compressor and rattle gun !
    5. Do not tighten/torque lower strut nut and bolt until top strut nut has popped through at top. Heavy hammer and block did not work. Jack under lower bolt joint and loose bottom strut nut worked.
    6. Did not remove air box or any other components, to tighten top strut nuts. I used an Allen key torx bit and 22mm wrench from underside. Take your gloves off for better feel.
    7. Rotors were easy. Had to use a syringe and coke can to empty the brake fluid reservoir bottle slightly when replacing brake pads to stop reservoir from overflowing and causing corrosion.
    8. Lift blocks and rear shocks were easy.

All in all it was a great experience !
    edited August 2015
    ScotRok wrote: »
    Don't get too jealous, I only need a roll n lock, cargo manager, A-bar & spotties, bonnet guard and later a towbar.

Oh sorry, I thought you were going the full Monty up front. :-/;):rolleyes::s:cool::D
  • fishofisho Forum Addict
    edited August 2015
    Oh sorry, I thought you were going the full Monty up front. :-/;):rolleyes::s:cool::D

Please don't:D
    edited August 2015
    Sorry [MENTION=190]dave[/MENTION] my kilt is in the shipping container! :-/
    I always worry about these rural people's fantasies?
  • saslocksmithssaslocksmiths Supporting Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi all just like to let you know my experiences with net 4x4 Mark,
    I have a 2014 trendline with a boss canopy loaded up, went to see Mark to get some advice on how to make it ride level, he recommended 25mm blocks on the back and new struts to replace the vw front ones . He had my rok on Saturday from 9:30 to around 2:00 pm, I went back to pick it up he did all he modes; he ran through it with me told me things I need to look out for and check. Driving home wow just like a new car, then on Monday doing a full day driving around wow wow he made it a very nice ride and I still need to do little more work, like better lode tyers to tack the side wall wobble out and move the canopy sliding it forwards around 200mm. all in all I would Highly recommend seeing him to get your rok riding like a new rok.
    thank you Mark net 4x4
  • AussieRokAussieRok Junior Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Mark lately? I understand he is busy, but i have sent a couple of pm's with no avail. Would definitely like to get some gear from him soon. Finally able to afford them at the moment, and want to get it done before money runs out (namely the misses finding something she can spend it on haha).
    edited September 2015
    I have sent PMs and emails. Not heard back unfortunately.

edited September 2015
    It would be appreciated if all could be patient as Mark still has some family issues to work through and as most of us should know, 'family comes first'. :(

He has promised to be back on board soon with all four cylinders running at full 'twin turbo' boost. :cool:

If you can't wait then may I suggest you make other arrangements to save yourself or Mark any anguish. :blush: