Port Macquarie | beach driving

MattyDeeMattyDee Supporting Member
edited April 2017 in NSW
Hey Gents,

Seen heaps of Amaroks in town, and in people's driveways, so bound to be a local who's a member.

I'm up here on holiday for day or two. Was looking at doing bit of beach driving and take Hamish out for a run haha.

What's better to do,
Northshore
Or light house? Or something else all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• beng5328beng5328 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't live there myself but would love to. Beautiful place and the houses are brilliant value for money IMO compared to Perth, just no jobs for me. I'm told there is some good rain forrest tracks inland a little way. In fact I've been dirt bike riding in that area. Nice flowing clay/loamy undulating tracks.
  • MattyDeeMattyDee Supporting Member
    edited March 2014
    Haha I've got plenty of muddy rainforest tracks at home. But no beach access

• MaverickMaverick Supporting Member
    edited March 2014
    You looking for some practice?

Maverick

Amarok Club of Victoria
    edited March 2014
    Haha.. Something like that. More so when the opportunity arises.

edited March 2014
    Haha.. Something like that. More so when the opportunity arises.

• snapsimosnapsimo Supporting Member
    edited March 2014
    My new 16's are up there. Shame my mate isn't there. You could bring them back for me. Teehee

ACV Eastside Massive!!!
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • googoo Forum Slave
    edited March 2014
    I think Hat Head has a bit too. In a national park so could be worth a day trip.

Stockton on the way back south has plenty as well.

Didn't really answer the question though I guess haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    edited March 2014
    Haha it's all good. Drove up to point plomer today. Nice spot for a bit of lunch. Caught the barge/ferry accross the river.
    Lots of Amaroks in this town, various mod levels. Surprised there's not more on the forum.

edited March 2014
    snapsimo wrote: »
    My new 16's are up there. Shame my mate isn't there. You could bring them back for me. Teehee

ACV Eastside Massive!!!

I'm here until the morning. More than happy to bring them back for you if it's possible

• googoo Forum Slave
    edited March 2014
    I have been on a two week trip from Newy to Byron camping and haven't seen one at a camp site or caravan park, plenty in the towns though.

How was the beach driving?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    edited March 2014
    dutasy4e.jpg

Superb

edited March 2014
    Thanks Matty but he's not there so too hard. I will get 'em home somehow. Lol

ACV Eastside Massive!!!
  • amasparkiamasparki Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi snapsimo, I travel between Frederickton 45ks north of port maq to Sydney every week. If you can arrange for them to be collected on a Sunday arvo around 5:30 pm I can get them to Sydney and possible drop somewhere there Monday arvo. I've been doing that trip for 5/6 years and can't see it end anytime soon, so if it suits let me know.
    Cheers Matthew.
    edited April 2014
    amasparki wrote: »
    Hi snapsimo, I travel between Frederickton 45ks north of port maq to Sydney every week. If you can arrange for them to be collected on a Sunday arvo around 5:30 pm I can get them to Sydney and possible drop somewhere there Monday arvo. I've been doing that trip for 5/6 years and can't see it end anytime soon, so if it suits let me know.
    Cheers Matthew.

Thanks [MENTION=1770]amasparki[/MENTION] but I live in Gippsland. You might need to go a bit further for it to work out. Lol

It all good, we are going to head up the cost next break and fish/camp our way up there to pick them up. Give us time to see a few friends along the way as well. Win win!

ACV Eastside Massive!!!
  • JohnnyJDRJohnnyJDR Member
    edited September 2014
    MattyDee wrote: »
    dutasy4e.jpg

Superb

Hey matty, im heading up to port maquarie in a few weeks. Going to go camping in my new rooftop tent. Going hat head and other spots along the coast. Is there anything I need in particular? Any good spots you recommend for some off roading?
  • VolkarokVolkarok Banned
    edited September 2014
    There is a nice spot about 12 or 15km north of crescent head. There is a bridge over a canal/inlet and the southern side accesses the beach over a dune. You then have access to the inlet which never reached the sea in the times i went there. It was great for a flat water swim and overall nice ambience. There are some dunes, and you can go north up the beach.
  • JohnnyJDRJohnnyJDR Member
    edited September 2014
    Cheers volkarok, do you know if you require a permit or sand flag for entering the beaches along this coast?
  • MikhailtMikhailt Supporting Member
    edited September 2014
    JohnnyJDR wrote: »
    Cheers volkarok, do you know if you require a permit or sand flag for entering the beaches along this coast?

If there are dunes it is always a good idea to have a sand flag no matter if it is required or not. For your own safety.
  • VolkarokVolkarok Banned
    edited September 2014
    Only the entry is blind, so if you have another person they can spot.

I dont think permits are required, i havent been there for a few years, but i wouldnt be worried.
  • darbiodarbio Senior Member
    edited April 2017
    JohnnyJDR wrote: »

Was up there a few months ago. Port Mac/Hastings requires a permit. It was about $30-40 from memory for a week.

• edited April 2017
    just replying to the op and u am a new amarok owner that live in port are there any others around here