Hacked again..!!

Comments

• Walrus48Walrus48 Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    And the silence is deafening........................!!!!!!!!
  • tintinztintinz Super Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Just an update guys were trying to arrange a voice conference with Ash now where we will try and address these concerns as its happening in private chat between administrators, moderators and Ash and you don't see this happening in the main thread.
  • ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    Any body notice that the active users that was hovering around 630/640 has dropped to 601 since and because of the latest outage
    Another outage will possibly push the numbers lower , that is not a positive move , the forum needs to grow not shrink
  • CRISPMODSCRISPMODS Vendor
    edited November 2013
    When all else fails:

[url]Https://www.facebook.com/groups/amarok4WD/[/url]

Join up for no fuss discussions
  • CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited November 2013
    AusAmarok has its own facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/AusAmarok
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited November 2013
    So does ACV.

www.facebook.com/amarokclubvic

Sambo - Amarok Club of Victoria
    MY11 Candy White, Manual Highline. 90,000klm. VIC Eastern Suburbs.
  • RooRoo Posting Freak
    edited November 2013
    What about us diehards that won't do sh!tbook? I think there's still a few of us left...
    edited November 2013
    Roo wrote: »
    What about us diehards that won't do sh!tbook? I think there's still a few of us left...

We are working on rectifying the issues with this forum.
  • davedave Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    Roo wrote: »

^^ X2 ^^

Never have been, never will.
  • ISHOEISHOE Forum Slave
    edited November 2013
    dave wrote: »
    ^^ X2 ^^

Never have been, never will.

^^x3^^. .
  • hutchohutcho Junior Member
    edited November 2013
    Same same wastebook crap

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
  • MaverickMaverick Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    So you guys are into Twitter then hey? Lol

Maverick

Amarok Club of Victoria
  • brookes2622brookes2622 Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    Folks lets not let this thread digress into a Facebook discussion.

This is about piss poor support the Admin folk are getting to stop the constant hacking then suspension and the money that has been taken from members for site maintenance that has disappeared into Wolf4x4 general revenue!

With the growing number of sponsors read:$$$ and the money taken from members this is unacceptable and possibly misrepresentation.
    edited November 2013
    Folks lets not let this thread digress into a Facebook discussion.

This is about piss poor support the Admin folk are getting to stop the constant hacking then suspension and the money that has been taken from members for site maintenance that has disappeared into Wolf4x4 general revenue!

With the growing number of sponsors read:$$$ and the money taken from members this is unacceptable and possibly misrepresentation.

Excuse me?

I'd love to see the facts you have to back up that accusation.
    edited November 2013
    Fact: The site has been hacked and suspended 3 times.

Fact: The forum has 7 sponsors @ $65 p/m

Fact: The memberships has raised over $3k

Fact: "The funds received will be solely used for the ongoing maintenance and upgrades of the forum software, hosting and design."

So where are the upgrades of the software and the hosting? What about the maintenance?

You are not excused.
  • Scorp69Scorp69 Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    Let's all take a chill pill guys. Tin and Steve apparently are in talks with Ash to get the ball rolling on getting the problems sorted so let's wait and see what eventuates. Ash has only just come back from his grand fathers funeral in South Africa too....so you're probably still jet-lagged you poor bugger! Let calm heads prevail and I am sure that these matters will be resolved effectively sooner rather than later.
    In time it would also be a good exercise in accountability to show Steve and Tin the accounts as well Ash...as this would help make the forum more transparent. ...especially with supporting member funds. Peace out fellow Rokers!...x
  • TBRokTBRok Forum Slave
    edited November 2013
    C'mon guys, let's not go there yet again. It's not productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited November 2013
    Fact: The site has been hacked and suspended 3 times.

Fact: The forum has 7 sponsors @ $65 p/m

Fact: The memberships has raised over $3k

Fact: "The funds received will be solely used for the ongoing maintenance and upgrades of the forum software, hosting and design."

So where are the upgrades of the software and the hosting? What about the maintenance?

You are not excused.

Fact 1: True, But that's what happens with websites. It's not my fault, nor does it have anything to do with who pays what, who does what, etc. Hackers will ALWAYS find a way.

"Fact 2": Half True, We currently have 7 sponsors, but not all of them are paying. Some haven't paid for a while and there are varying reasons for this.

"Fact 3": True, of which $2k went to the forum migration from MyBB to VBulletin and the new theme/logo design. The rest has been used to purchase the lanyards, funds set aside to purchase the new stickers when they are ready, and the costs of actually hosting the forum, of which we also paid $220 last month for the hosts to restore from their backup. Then there are the updates for VBulletin and Tapatalk, which are free updates, but someone still has to do them..

"Fact 4": As above...

Running a forum is not easy, and is severely thankless.

I know its not running the way I would like it to, but we are now working on sorting this out once and for all.

At the end of the day, I'm also human with a family and a day job.
  • harderrokharderrok Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    First post so ill make it count.
    As a former cruiser/hilux driver this site has been the saviour of my conversion to VW.
    the info shared and knowledge of the users of this site is what its all about.dont let this sh#t bring it all down.
    EVERYBODY DIES...NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.....MMMMmmmmm
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited November 2013
    Calibrated wrote: »
    "Fact 3": True, of which $2k went to the forum migration from MyBB to VBulletin and the new theme/logo design. The rest has been used to purchase the lanyards, funds set aside to purchase the new stickers when they are ready, and the costs of actually hosting the forum, of which we also paid $220 last month for the hosts to restore from their backup. Then there are the updates for VBulletin and Tapatalk, which are free updates, but someone still has to do them..

And how many sales / revenue have you received from members purchasing products through Wolf. Don't get me wrong, it is a smart way of doing it and you are putting in the work but please, don't cry poor, seeking money from members for their support. Members are what make this forum, supply the content in order to attract new members which leads to more sponsorship opportunities (supporting revenue) and increase sales through Wolf. This is why I will never pay to support, because I believe you get MORE than enough through your sales / sponsors.

And the management of your sales / communication to your customers has been less than spectacular. So please do not complain, I am human, I have a life, I have a family. You have a business, which like it or not this forum is linked with as you are generating sales from it. If you purchased something from a company, would you accept

- being charged 100% of purchase price for deliveries that will be significantly delayed
    - waiting many months after ETA for delivery
    - little or no communication of delays with customers even when they have been trying all avenues to contact you.
    - excuses blaming others or "I have a life"

I am sure you would scream 'unprofessionalism' like others here.

Please, take this criticism and build / learn from it to strengthen your business.

Apologies, I really needed to get that off my chest and good luck moving forward.
    edited November 2013
    Fact 1: True, But that's what happens with websites. It's not my fault, nor does it have anything to do with who pays what, who does what, etc. Hackers will ALWAYS find a way.

Actually, it is your fault. You have been asked and pleaded with by the system admins to help them and for what I see you are reluctant. I visit other forum sites run similarly to this one and they have NEVER been hacked. So hackers do not ALWAYS find a way.
    "Fact 2": Half True, We currently have 7 sponsors, but not all of them are paying. Some haven't paid for a while and there are varying reasons for this.

Actually this is not half true, it is completely true. Technically there are 8 sponsors including Wolf4x4 and if the books are separate, as you have stated in the past, then Wolf4x4 would also contribute.

The numbers do not add up and don't start on the Lanyards and Stickers. Sticking to the Topic, the Forum is not current release it is still n-1, the restore was self inflicted because the site was hacked through vulnerabilities identified by the admins prior to the event. The migration was s debarkle and if I didn't know better it was done by someone who's background is not Web forum migration.
    "Fact 4": As above...

Running a forum is not easy, and is severely thankless.

I know its not running the way I would like it to, but we are now working on sorting this out once and for all.

At the end of the day, I'm also human with a family and a day job.

I agree running a forum is not easy and can be thankless, although, I have seen you receive a lot of praise from the members of this forum and I am thankful you created it....and the but. But the money is not going into the maintenance of the site and the admins are going to quit if you don't listen to them and help them.

I am holding you to account, as should all the paid members and especially the sponsors. I put up ($$$) and I will not shut-up. I will not accept more excuses.
  • RooRoo Posting Freak
    edited November 2013
    Maverick wrote: »
    So you guys are into Twitter then hey? Lol

Maverick

Amarok Club of Victoria

Nope. Don't have a Sh!tter account either. :D I do get why some people use Facebook to keep in touch with kids and grand kids, but I'll stick with picking up the phone or going for a visit...
  • Scorp69Scorp69 Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    What say we all chill out for a week and let Ash and the mod's (Tin and Steve) have some 'together time' to work on the issues?....all of the posts above and in previous pages of this thread make good points, but let's all chill for a week and let Ash and the mod's so their magic and hopefully save the forum from the hackers and phishers....sound ok?
  • nicknznicknz Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    We are working on it, Teleconference in process!!
  • SMW87SMW87 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Scorp69 wrote: »
    What say we all chill out for a week and let Ash and the mod's (Tin and Steve) have some 'together time' to work on the issues?....all of the posts above and in previous pages of this thread make good points, but let's all chill for a week and let Ash and the mod's so their magic and hopefully save the forum from the hackers and phishers....sound ok?

I agree, we all need to give the guys a chance to fix this without having everyone breathing down their necks.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Folks,
    Found the source of the issue with the images on the 'ausamarok' styled pages and fixed it. ;-)
    Cheers
    Steve
  • jtwjtw Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    Good on ya Steve thanks!!!
  • ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
    edited November 2013
    The page is still being flagged as suspect (known nuisances) and that is not referring to the members
    Regards
    Oz
  • beng5328beng5328 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Steevo wrote: »
    Folks,
    Found the source of the issue with the images on the 'ausamarok' styled pages and fixed it. ;-)
    Cheers
    Steve

Thank you Steve, Tin, Ash and all the other members keeping the forum going.
    edited November 2013
    ozcaddy wrote: »
    The page is still being flagged as suspect (known nuisances) and that is not referring to the members
    Regards
    Oz

It will probably still flag it for a few days as we have to re-submit the site to google for checking.

We made some major advances last night towards fixing the issues with the site, but we will need some time.