Ecu "chip" tuning - expert service ONLY $1399 for Forum members!

Comments

• CRISPMODSCRISPMODS Vendor
    edited June 2014
    Its like wearing thicker sole shoes.

The 0-5v linear voltage goes from like 0 1 2 3 4 5 to 0 2 3.8 4.5 5 5
  • funky0funky0 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Rokker, clear as.... [MENTION=2925]Crispmods[/MENTION]. ... You lost me at linear voltage..... Mechanical is my thing. .. Sparkies can keep their invisible doom!!! I'm guessing it creates a faster response time between pedal application and ecu changes?

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited June 2014
    Ok........

Its basically like driving your car like you are angry.
    Its just agressive throttle settings. There is ZERO performance gain in plug in throttle interceptors.
  • maclean_cherrymaclean_cherry Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Think of it like an amplifier for your foot. You push 1/4 throttle but it tells the ecu it's at 1/2 throttle.

Means you get more aggressive acceleration from less pushing your foot down. So if you just put your foot down more you'll see the same effect.
  • OURAMAROKOURAMAROK Forum Slave
    edited June 2014
    Hey Chris - having done a fair bit of country highway driving in OURAMAROK an MY 14 auto Highline, acceleration performance overtaking at 100 kph is dismal to say the least - so reading through all of this sounds like a Stage 1 Power job would be the way to go ? When you next in Perth mate?
    edited June 2014
    Stage 1 power... Lots of happy guys running around stage 1 power with auto amaroks.
  • -=Buzz=--=Buzz=- Supporting Member
    edited June 2014
    Chris

I've decided I want to go for the stage 1 and waste gas block off plate when you go to Toowomba on I believe 11th / 12th July, as mulled over a bit in the thread in the QLD section. I've got the car for at least 3 more years, so I might as well have more fun driving it :)

I'll try and give you a call to discuss, possibly tomorrow, but I'm getting ready to go to Melbourne early Saturday for a trade show, and I have to get stuff finished.

I don't pay for my fuel so I want, in the words of Jeremy Clarkson, POWER. Sod economy, I want it to spin all 4 wheels when I stamp on the loud pedal, and I'd love to get rid of the standard auto response lag at roundabouts! That 1 second where it does nothing that I wouldn't have with a manual, can we get rid of it?
    edited June 2014
    ok talk to you soon
  • Lance BLance B Supporting Member
    edited June 2014
    Just had a Pedalbox installed by Kypros from Crispmonds. Wow, the response is amazing now. Obviously don't get more power than the tune by Crsipmods, but the response time is like night and day, put your foot down and there is immediate response rather than the sluggish response as standard.
  • flyingantflyingant Posting Freak
    edited July 2014
    CRISPMODS wrote: »
    Flash counters are for obd tuned cars, even those can be over ridden.

Bench flashing an ecu can hide pretty much everything.

As long as we don't delete parts from the ecu, dealership technicians can't see our tunes.

Attachment not found.

Sorry, but that's not true. Maybe the run of the mill dealership numbskulls can't, but the guys who know their shit can. I got a call at 8am of the day they started work to say "your flash tune will effect warranty".

If you have a tune, don't go to McCarrols VW. That said, if you really need a problem sorted, DO GO there...

Cheers

Anthony
    edited July 2014
    Face palm...

It's written in their sop for servicing updates to warn customers that they will loose a flash tune if engine update is operated.

It just means that read off a standard page to you, I'll dig it up... Nothing new, sorry to tell you.

I know 3 different vag employees at different levels in the business.
    edited July 2014
    pyta6une.jpg

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...
  • Guy_HGuy_H Junior Member
    edited July 2014
    TD1 detection (non factory software on an ECU) is done online with VW diagnostics when they plug in for service. It does a binary comparison in the background, and all EDC17's have it done.

We did a test, even changing a speedlimiter 1 kmph (just changing a 1 to a zero in the binary) was enough to flag it as "not stock". The dealer tech does not have control over this, it's flagged on the German database & then warranty issues are referred to VW Australia if any work has to be carried out on the car.

If you have a friendly VW service tech, they can show you - mind you, don't use your car!

Adding information only here.
  • buddabudda Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Chris, is the pedal box also known as an electronic throttle controller? Where is it mounted to monitor and change the settings.. I am intrigued for when I get one of yours tune done soon
    edited July 2014
    Guy_H wrote: »
    TD1 detection (non factory software on an ECU) is done online with VW diagnostics when they plug in for service. It does a binary comparison in the background, and all EDC17's have it done.

We did a test, even changing a speedlimiter 1 kmph (just changing a 1 to a zero in the binary) was enough to flag it as "not stock". The dealer tech does not have control over this, it's flagged on the German database & then warranty issues are referred to VW Australia if any work has to be carried out on the car.

If you have a friendly VW service tech, they can show you - mind you, don't use your car!

Adding information only here.

Nice try bud, stay out of my thread.
    edited July 2014
    budda wrote: »
    Chris, is the pedal box also known as an electronic throttle controller? Where is it mounted to monitor and change the settings.. I am intrigued for when I get one of yours tune done soon

Just ask us to rescale your throttle voltage during the retune. It does the same thing.

But the car is then stuck with aggressive throttle.

Our recommended setups is what makes the tunes most user friendly for all drivers (and partners!)
  • VolkarokVolkarok Banned
    edited December 2014
    Hey Chris,

I havent been planning on getting a tune. I am not desperate for more power, i have heaps of warranty left, i have 33" and use the diff lock so dont want to push my luck any more, and i plan to keep the vehicle for maybe 10yrs and want the drivetrain to last without extra maintenance.

But i have the non-reverse issue with auto.

I appreciate the control of the long travel throttle off road and dont want to change that.

What are my options and your suggestions?
    edited December 2014
    Please call or SMS 0417550418
  • googoo Forum Slave
    edited February 2015
    Please call or SMS 0417550418
    Chris, will you be up Newcastle way anytime soon? Tax return is coming in!!!
    edited February 2015
    goo wrote: »

Hey mate,

Yes I regularly visit newy/singo.

Give me a call to discuss.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -
    goo wrote: »

Hey mate,

Give me a call to discuss.

Cheers
  • Tornado_ALIVETornado_ALIVE Forum Addict
    edited February 2015
    Hey mate,

You are sounding like a local :p
    edited February 2015
    Lol... Each place has its own language
  • Doc.MartinDoc.Martin Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi Chris,
    New member, and still awaiting for my Amarok to be delivered (@the and of June), but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind..

1. Is the chiptuning that you use a brand name or is it your own.. I saw a post that you tuning table originate from OS.
    2. Is it ok to chip a new car, or is it better to put some K's on it first.. If so, how long should I wait?
    3. Can you let me know the next time you are coming to the Gold Coast or Brisbane?

Thanks
    Scott

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chris,
    New member, and still awaiting for my Amarok to be delivered (@the and of June), but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind..

1. Is the chiptuning that you use a brand name or is it your own.. I saw a post that you tuning table originate from OS.
    2. Is it ok to chip a new car, or is it better to put some K's on it first.. If so, how long should I wait?
    3. Can you let me know the next time you are coming to the Gold Coast or Brisbane?

Thanks
    Scott
    edited March 2015
    Times have changed and I work with local computer as much as possible unless there is new software or unknown software.

I tuned mine at 90 km.
    It now has nearly 120000 on the clock.

Start of April. Give me a call to discuss 0417550418
  • CraziRokCraziRok Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Got the mantra pro exhaust and this tune done on Friday.
    Still nice and quiet at idle and cruising round town but a nice note once on boost and up in the revs. Builds boost quicker and pulls through most of the Rev range now. Yet to see any fuel economy savings yet according to the MFD, but I've only done about 200km so far so that may change… and no I have not be flogging it everywhere. Asking for about the same power when driving around most of the time, a lot of highway 100km/h cruising.
    Excellent service from Daniel at Mantra Pro in Belmont, very friendly and professional. Recommend anyone still sitting on the fence to bite the bullet and do it. [MENTION=2925]CRISPMODS[/MENTION] is the anyway I should be driving it to get better economy? Low revs or keep it mid range when accelerating to keep it in the power range?
    Might give you a call later in the week to discuss the map you wrote for me.

Colin.

MY15 TDI400 Trendline Natural Grey
    edited November 2015
    Diesel = low revs = fuel savings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • FWSFWS Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Your signature shows your fuel economy at 7.6 for stock tyres and 8.8 with the 32s. Is that using the reading on the MDF? I'm not sure if I'm right or not but my speedo is spot on with 33's where it was about 7km's out with the stockies, so I usually add 6-7% of km's per tank to get a more accurate reading of the difference between the stockies and 33's.

Cheers,
    Joe
  • Bomber_RokBomber_Rok Junior Member
    edited July 2016
    edited July 2016
    I should update that, cheers. That was my previous Rok measured on ltrs/100 actual

• Jay's_ROKJay's_ROK Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Crisp. I'm in Geelong now. How do I go about tunes and all that stuff?