Ecu "chip" tuning - expert service ONLY $1399 for Forum members!

Comments

• LuckyLukeLuckyLuke Supporting Member
    edited July 2013
    Ok. We'll talk soon.
  • flyingantflyingant Posting Freak
    edited July 2013
    Chris

You able to go into details re the modifications needed for stage 2? At least why it's more reliable?

Anthony
  • CRISPMODSCRISPMODS Vendor
    edited July 2013
    flyingant wrote: »
    Chris

You able to go into details re the modifications needed for stage 2? At least why it's more reliable?

Anthony

Less stuff to go wrong, engine breathes better, lower egts.

I give details by phone on stage 2.
    edited August 2013
    Chris, where is your web site?
  • steveiehsteveieh Posting Freak
    edited August 2013
    Vtech.se or vtech tuned.com.au

Steve.
  • steveiehsteveieh Posting Freak
    edited August 2013
    Sorry www.vtechtuned.com

Steve.

My12 reflex silver, rollin on deltas. Stage 2 V-Tech Tune, leaving black lines everywhere.............. ;)
    edited August 2013
    Cheers. The - threw me. Thought for a minute I was getting a Honda camshaft or a box of toys!

Getting my stage1 done Tuesday. Will report back. Can't wait :D
    edited August 2013
    Cheers guys.

Let us know how you go Anthony.
    edited August 2013
    Aahh, so THIS is how an Amarok is supposed to feel!

Turbo lag around town, gone. Effortless highway cruise, tick. Point and shoot 4th gear overtaking, tick. Better fuel economy, tick (2am 70km freeway fang session at speeds up to 180km/hr returned 9.1l/100k) :D. Noticeable improvement in 1st gear take off throttle response (above and beyond the 23L8 upgrade), tick. Basically everything I wanted, and I'm told it will improve over the coming days as the ECU adapts to the tune.

Kypros was great, very patient and careful to not leave any evidence. I would rather he had used something like Sikaflex rather than general purpose clear silicon to reseal the ECU but that is the only (minor) gripe I could come up with.

If anyone is sitting on the fence re getting a tune done, then get off and go for it. I'm figuring that with the improved economy (at regular speeds :D) the tune will pay for itself within a year.

Thanks Chris, love your work.

Anthony
  • wolftamerwolftamer Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Excellent to here another happy customer of these tunes.
    I would just like to know what tune you ended up going with? Stage one, Two, Economy,etc.
    Thanks
    edited August 2013
    Stage1 power

Anthony
    edited August 2013
    flyingant wrote: »
    Aahh, so THIS is how an Amarok is supposed to feel!

Turbo lag around town, gone. Effortless highway cruise, tick. Point and shoot 4th gear overtaking, tick. Better fuel economy, tick (2am 70km freeway fang session at speeds up to 180km/hr returned 9.1l/100k) :D. Noticeable improvement in 1st gear take off throttle response (above and beyond the 23L8 upgrade), tick. Basically everything I wanted, and I'm told it will improve over the coming days as the ECU adapts to the tune.

Kypros was great, very patient and careful to not leave any evidence. I would rather he had used something like Sikaflex rather than general purpose clear silicon to reseal the ECU but that is the only (minor) gripe I could come up with.

If anyone is sitting on the fence re getting a tune done, then get off and go for it. I'm figuring that with the improved economy (at regular speeds :D) the tune will pay for itself within a year.

Thanks Chris, love your work.

Anthony

I will have a chat with Kypros about the clear silli!!! Naughty!! glad you are happy but :)
  • dylanjackdylanjack Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    Perth tuning visit Sept I have a contact over here who has developed the exhaust side of things for the Amarok,I know he is keen to find someone like yourself , to sort out the software !!
    edited August 2013
    I'll be glad to join in on that. Please share me his contact details if possible and vice versa.
    I've gone 2.5/3 inch ? DPF back straight pipe on mine (Will report on change when I'm back from EU), but would be keen to play with turbo back style tuning for him to see the change, it should gain a little more boost hold up top, we have noticed that even stage 2 style tuning drops boost pretty hard up top, its one thing I want to chase up when I get there, either looking at KKK turbo upgrades/wastegate upgrades or changing exhaust completely for more boost hold.
  • ah1010ah1010 Member
    edited August 2013
    Kypros remapped the ECU with stage 1 power last night. Obviously early days but initial impressions are very favourable.
    Vehicle displays a much greater willingness to get going.

ah
  • WinchyWinchy Forum Addict
    edited August 2013
    Returned from my first"real" trip away with the camper in tow after a stage 1 tune. About 700 ks. with a variety of hills , flat & freeway. Fuelly stats are avg. 10.8 l/100k. Didn't have the fuelly app before, but averaged about 13 l/100k roughly. Power just when you need it. Overtaking is so much easier. (The reason I wanted the tune at first) Anybody thinking about it, I thoroughly recommend it!

MY11 Mendoza brown Trendline stage 1 V- tech
  • hungry6hungry6 Posting Freak
    edited April 2014
    Just on a tangent here, is it possible to bump up the alternator charge voltage through the ECU with the tune, as the factory setting of the alternator drop the charge rates back after a few minute and only charges the battery to 75 or 80% full, which is a pain in the butt, if you run a second battery and it's worst if it's a Calcium or Lithium.
  • orionorion Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    That's strange. I'm running 2x Optimax Yellow Top 55 amp units in the tray and they are charged to 100% SOC without a problem. It's a MY13 Auto and a Traxide USI-160 DB setup.

Sent from my dog and bone using Crapatalk.
  • hungry6hungry6 Posting Freak
    edited April 2014
    I have no idea also. there has been plenty of debate as to why the new crop of dual cabs, amarok-hilux-ranger-dmax all do it, I think someone mention something about emission control.
    I just know that my batteries are only charged to 75-80 and to top them up, its a plug in charger or stick the solar panel back on the roof.
  • BlackWolfBlackWolf Posting Freak
    edited April 2014
    Interesting, according to my scangauge the system voltage sits around 14.0 to 14.2 volts most of the time. Occasionally it drops to 13.8 but that is only if the batteries are deeply discharged. After a long trip it is back to 14.1 V. MY13 Auto Highline with Traxide dual battery system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • orionorion Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Should have added that my MY13 Auto also has the BlueMotion start/stop system, which operates as expected. If the cranking battery was low I'd have thought it wouldn't cut in?

Sent from my dog and bone using Crapatalk.
  • sikhabibsikhabib Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    Chris

Can vwa tell that you have a modified tune in the ecu? (I.e does it increase the flash counter)
    edited April 2014
    Flash counters are for obd tuned cars, even those can be over ridden.

Bench flashing an ecu can hide pretty much everything.

As long as we don't delete parts from the ecu, dealership technicians can't see our tunes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398746320.672812.jpg
    edited April 2014
    So short answer is no.

But obviously depends how deep someone wants to dig.
  • Col PearceCol Pearce Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Looking forward to getting mine done, will be money well spent I reckon :D
  • RokkerRokker Junior Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey Chris,

I'm after a stage 1 tune, looking for an increase in power. Also what do you have to eliminate low RPM stalls in low first gear?
    What does the exhaust waste blockoff do? or is it a waste gate that you have?

I live in Sydney and am looking at a tune date of late next week if possible.

Regards,

Dave.
    edited May 2014
    Ill give you a call
    edited June 2014
    Chris,

Just a quick reply to let you know that my tune is done. Kyprios is awesome. I can't be happier with my Rok.
    The increase in power is impressive. Straight out of the driveway after the tune I started grinning. Luckily for me Kyp gave me a lend of the additonal Pedalbox. WOW!!!!
    In first and second the traction control was working hard. WOW!!!! It takes the tune to another level.
    I said I would wait a week and then look to buy one. I rang Kyp back after half an hour of leaving and picked one up next day (today).
    For all those who have never tried a Pedalbox. Get one. Practically immediate throttle response with no lag. Thanks again gents.
  • funky0funky0 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    [MENTION=4386]Rokker[/MENTION]. For us dummies. ..... WTF is a pedal box?

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited June 2014
    funky0 wrote: »
    [MENTION=4386]Rokker[/MENTION]. For us dummies. ..... WTF is a pedal box?

Sent from my SM-N9005

funky0,

The Pedalbox is a plug and play accelerator module. I'd never heard of them before the other night either. Above the accelerator is a plug which feeds data from the accelerator to the ECU and vice versa. You unplug the original one and plug the new one in above the pedal. Then the original one piggy backs onto the new one. So effectively the Pedalbox sits in the middle and changes the signals to whatever setting you choose. It has 3 modes each with six settings, or you can switch it off and run the stock Amarok setting.