Feedback, how have your purchases been?

CRISPMODSCRISPMODS Vendor
edited August 2016 in CrispMods
Hi guys,

If you've had dealings with me, feel free to post up how you've found my services.
If you have issues to address, feel free to write in here and I can also look to rectify. Message is also fine.

Cheers
-Chris

Comments

• davedave Supporting Member
    edited July 2013
    There's one thing I will say without even meeting you Chris, and that is if your service is anywhere near as good as your posting then you don't have a prob. lol

To go from junior to senior member with a 100 post in a neat 3 week to the day may be a forum record.

All jokes aside, keep up the great info you're feeding us and welcome aboard.
  • CRISPMODSCRISPMODS Vendor
    edited July 2013
    Cheers Dave!

Just house keeping here, Wheelan posted this elsewhere so I'm just copy/pasting:

"
    So through this forum I hear about someone else doing ECU tunes and my ears pricked up as I have had mine done already (I am not into naming names) and have just had the recent VW reflash after taking the car into them for a diff issue. Anyway I was under the impression that they had wiped my original tune by doing the re flash, and was reasonably surprised that the car didnt drive much different after it so I never really worried about going back to get the tune re installed.
    When I contacted Chris re a new tune he explained to me that they have much more control over things they can change in the ECU compared to other "tuners". So I cut my losses with previous tuner and give Chris a chance. The first thing we discover is that some of the original tuners mods were still in there and that the VW wasnt a total reflash over everything. Anyway installed a total new file with all their handy work and all I can say is this is what the engine should drive like. It just amazes me that VW cant/wont get this engine going like this originally. So, economy is still the same at this stage even with me floggin it a bit more, Im not really driving it any differently to normal, I always flog it.
    It is very smooth on pick up and power builds strongly and progressively without tapering off like it did before. The proof is definitely overtaking at 100 kph, where before I would have to pick a very large gap (I found the car a total slug at these speeds before), now drop it back to 4th if you need rapid acceleration or keep it in 5th or 6th. It really pulls hard. If you rev YOUR car now in 3rd, you will notice a point where it really starts tapering off, this is about when you feel it push you back into the seat again. If I can describe it like this, without having any steps in the power curve it seems to have 3 stages of power, where before it seemed like 2.
    By the way, I have no affiliation with Chris, I am just happy that someone got this car going the way it should. I was going to sell this car, see my recent posts, but atm I cant wait to go out and drive it again. Definitely worth the dollars. BTW dont ask me any technical questions, talk to CHris as he will answer any queries you may have, and he is getting paid for it , not me.

Paul."
  • LeonFNQLeonFNQ Vendor
    edited July 2013
    Would this be the stage 2 tune?

MY12 Trendline Cairns, Qld.
    edited July 2013
    No, just a standard car with ECU re-flash. Stage 1 eco.
  • LeonFNQLeonFNQ Vendor
    edited July 2013
    Sounds good for stage one. I'm keen now.

MY12 Trendline Cairns, Qld.
  • dalmacija91dalmacija91 Forum Slave
    edited July 2013
    I've been keen since I found out! Tax is taking forever haha!

Dan
    MY12 Ultimate Natural Grey
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    edited July 2013
    :)

I do take play-by
  • WinchyWinchy Forum Addict
    edited July 2014
    Just drove @200k home after a stage 2.5 tune. Happy as a pig in poo. It's a little "Jekyl & Hyde. It drives conservatively if you have a light right foot, but hang on if you push the angry pedal past half way! Woohoo! I'm rapt!. Economy seems to be better too, but will wait until my next couple of fuel ups and fuelly results to confirm. Thanks Chris.
    edited November 2014
    Long time no update, I love receiving messages like this

"Just letting you know that since your tune on our vehicle, economy has improved from 8.1 to 7.2 l/100km for a trip from Bundy to Ipswich, on standard rubber. On the low-down acceleration, especially from low revs in 1st or 2nd, while there has been an improvement, there is still a fairly substantial lag. Perhaps the new input hose will reduce this further.

We have updated the tyres on ours to 265/70r 17 A/T and are achieving similar fuel figures to our pretune economy on standard rubber."

Not to say we're perfect but if customers do show us some understanding if things aren't right, we will make them right. We average 99+% satisfaction on tunes.
  • ScotRokScotRok Supporting Member
    edited August 2016
    [MENTION=2925]CRISPMODS[/MENTION], pipe arrived today. Took Auspost seven days to Swansea.

Just wondering if I should wait till after Friday to fit it as the cars is going in for its 1year service then. Driving down to Campbelltown for it so would be a good test.
  • IndigoIndigo Supporting Member
    edited August 2016
    [MENTION=2925]CRISPMODS[/MENTION] my intake pipe arrived last thursday only took 4 days which is quite amazing as we are usually a lot more than that
    Fitted perfectly Thanks
  • IndigoIndigo Supporting Member
    edited August 2016
    [MENTION=2925]CRISPMODS[/MENTION] my intake pipe arrived last thursday only took 4 days which is quite amazing as we are usually a lot more than that
    Fitted perfectly Thanks
  • ScotRokScotRok Supporting Member
    edited August 2016
    ScotRok wrote: »
    [MENTION=2925]CRISPMODS[/MENTION], pipe arrived today. Took Auspost seven days to Swansea.

Just wondering if I should wait till after Friday to fit it as the cars is going in for its 1year service then. Driving down to Campbelltown for it so would be a good test.
    Decided to fit it anyway, found that the PCV pipe was now touching the overflow pipe that comes down from the radiator. Trimmed the section of pipe that it goes into on the intake pipe and it is now better, but still needs about 5 mm taken off. To clear it completely.

Initial findings are, Cleaner intake noise, more engine note and less strained sucking noise. Sounds even more refined now, and the impression is better pick up and response from turbos. It has obviously improved the volume and flow of air available too the turbo.