Amarok Club of Victoria Inc. Now official.

SamboSambo Forum Addict
edited December 2016 in VIC
Well, after the Amarok'in Race and the feedback we received, it just had to happen.

We have taken the plunge and formed a committee, registered a club and are away and running.

Meetings 2nd Wed each month (usually) at The Manningham Hotel (meeting room off main Bistro), 1 Thompson Rd, Bulleen. 6:30pm. Check here for any changes to venue.

Next meeting - Visitors welcome. June 8th, 6:30pm.

ACV information & announcement attached with further information.

Cheers,

Amarok Club of Victoria Inc.
«13456732

Comments

  • RokcamRokcam Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Great news Sambo, count me in.

    Cam
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited June 2013
    Good on you Rokcam.

    Club is open to all to join, look forward to having new members, ideas and experience.




    MY11 Candy White Highline. VIC
  • ARG68ARG68 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Great news Sam looking forward to some "official" club trips. Count me in
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to a confirmation of affiliation with Four Wheel Drive Victoria on Tuesday.

    Had a great meeting there today and all is in place to build a great family oriented club with one of the best 4WD and Touring vehicles in the market.




    MY11 Candy White Highline. VIC
  • dalmacija91dalmacija91 Forum Slave
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like an awesome idea Sam! Would definitely be interested in signing up! Would love to bring the Ultimate on a trip, god knows if it would survive!
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited June 2013
    Hi Dan, just sent you a PM.

    Also, Rokcam had trouble with the email address - so I checked it and updated it, it is now correct. Also updated the first post and added the Membership Application Form.

    These can be returned to:

    membership@amarokclub.com.au

    Or PM/email me on same me with any questions.

    Cheers,

    Sam
  • DrewDrew Super Moderator
    edited June 2013
    excellent stuff guys - can't wait to get my Rok and join!
  • slandellsslandells Member
    edited June 2013
    Printed, filled in, now just awaiting delivery of the Rok. Great work guys!
  • RabbitRabbit Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Can a Western Australian join, and start the Sandgroper Detachment :) ;)
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited June 2013
    Pleased to advise we have received confirmation from FWDV that our affiliation has been accepted. One of our early goals ticked off.

    Don't forget that the initial details on Amarok Club of Victoria is the first post of this thread as well as a membership application.

    Good things ahead..! :-)

    Have a good weekend..!



    MY11 Candy White Highline. VIC
  • MattyDeeMattyDee Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    ;)


    Candy White VeeDub.
  • kezrokkezrok Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Sambo wrote: »
    Looking forward to a confirmation of affiliation with Four Wheel Drive Victoria on Tuesday.

    Had a great meeting there today and all is in place to build a great family oriented club with one of the best 4WD and Touring vehicles in the market.




    MY11 Candy White Highline. VIC

    Are autos included in that statement,lol. I will have to read the qualifying small print as i believe to be classed as a 4x4 you have to have a clutch and transfer box. Well done anyway, we will be heading down that way to see our daughter and son in law a lot now there having their first child. They do the high country a lot and its been a long time since ive been down that way.
  • MaverickMaverick Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    It's good to see you read more than one thread Kezrok...

    The Victorian High Country is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. However as a group prior to forming a club we have been to lots of different places. In fact I think I enjoyed out trip to Robe the most as its so different to what we see here in Victoria.

    As for the Auto comment I'm sure I can speak for all of us in saying that we'd love to see more Auto's and Manual's out there with us.
    It's a great feeling pulling into camp and having everyone checking us out.


    Maverick
  • kezrokkezrok Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    We take what we give Mav. I have a very dry sense of humour. You had me worried over becoming a one track poster so i had to look at my tally of 172 and see if i maybe over doing it. Nah i do like that thread tho because i have had the joy of driving both and just returned from a hinterland drive and iced choc at Maleny. I lived a Batesmans bay for a lot of years and had the pleasure of dirt bike riding over the Clyde Mt to Araluen etc. use to rep all down thru to the snowies across to lakes entrance (love this spot) and Bairnsdale. I use to also go to their open Tennis Tournament. Its a scenic part of the world, have friends that live at yakandanda. I know where you are coming from with the thread but there has been some doosies of ill informed posts and im not referring to those that are walking the talk like yourself and possibility of it not been upto the manual in some scenarios.
  • snapsimosnapsimo Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    My folks live in Montville and my Mum comes from Narooma. Are we related? LOL
  • kezrokkezrok Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    We live in a great country. Played golf regularly at Ulladulla, Batehaven and Narooma was my favourite with one of the par 3 hitting across the ocean cliff. A friend lives around on the beach front. Maybe not blood related but maybe some spiritual link.
  • MaverickMaverick Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    That's fine mate just didn't see what it had to do with this thread apart from fishing...

    But if you'd like to move down to Victoria to become a member we'd welcome you. Unfortunately i don't think FWD Victoria will register a member from another state


    Maverick
  • snapsimosnapsimo Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    My Grandfather was the president of the Narooma golf club for over 15 years, and the Bowls club and the Icebergs club. He was a busy man.
    The thing I like about that area is it doesn't really change much.
  • kezrokkezrok Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Maverick wrote: »
    That's fine mate just didn't see what it had to do with this thread apart from fishing...

    But if you'd like to move down to Victoria to become a member we'd welcome you. Unfortunately i don't think FWD Victoria will register a member from another state


    Maverick

    I assume this is in relation to Rabbits post wanting to join from WA. Surely its open to all from the east coast.
  • CRISPMODSCRISPMODS Vendor
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I may have missed it, whats the purpose of the club?
    Day trips/cruises or something else?
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited June 2013
    There is an announcement and general initial description/purpose in the first post.


    MY11 Candy White Highline. VIC
  • bauercobauerco Vendor
    edited June 2013
    Post deleted, Sambo beat me to it.
  • SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited June 2013
    kezrok wrote: »
    I assume this is in relation to Rabbits post wanting to join from WA. Surely its open to all from the east coast.

    Kezrok, I think Rabbit was being facetious. We would welcome anybody joining the club of course, including non-Rok owners (if they can keep up).

    However, we have joined the umbrella body - Four Wheel Drive Victoria due to the additional advantages of insurances and track access and many other points, and whilst they will accept any member of our club, non-Victorian clubs can not be affiliated with FWDV.

    Notwithstanding, you are more than welcome however to be the first "non-Victorian" member of ACV. Membership application in first post in this thread.

    Look forward to having you on board and seeing you join us for a trip someday. We will be doing trips all over Victoria so I am sure one of them will be suitable in location and duration for you to join us.

    We may even do some National Trips.

    Watch this space....


    MY11 Candy White Highline. VIC
  • Walrus48Walrus48 Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    Just sent off my application and transferred the biccies!! hope I get approved !!!

    Looking forward to all that comes from this, great work and thanks to Sambo, Obi, Earwig, Maverick and Bauerco for taking this forward.
  • MattyDeeMattyDee Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    Good to see all the 'awesome' Vic Amarok guys signing up! Should make a brilliant club...

    Wankers need not apply! :P


    Candy White VeeDub.
  • ISHOEISHOE Forum Slave
    edited June 2013
    MattyDee wrote: »
    Good to see all the 'awesome' Vic Amarok guys signing up! Should make a brilliant club...

    Wankers need not apply! :P


    Candy White VeeDub.

    Can you exclude BTFugley drivers like that?
  • EarwigEarwig Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    Howdy Folks,

    The VAC July monthly meeting/gathering will be held on Wednesday 10th July. Kicks off at 6:15 at the Manningham Club, Bulleen (address below). We usually order dinner, have a beer or two and generally share info and fantasize about future trips. All very informal with all welcome.

    The Manningham Club

    Address: 1 Thompsons Rd, Bulleen VIC 3105

    PM me or send us an email at vicamarokclub@gmail.com.au if you have any questions.

    Kind Regards,
    Vic Amarok Club
  • CRISPMODSCRISPMODS Vendor
    edited June 2013
    keen to join
  • kezrokkezrok Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Sambo wrote: »
    Kezrok, I think Rabbit was being facetious. We would welcome anybody joining the club of course, including non-Rok owners (if they can keep up).

    However, we have joined the umbrella body - Four Wheel Drive Victoria due to the additional advantages of insurances and track access and many other points, and whilst they will accept any member of our club, non-Victorian clubs can not be affiliated with FWDV.

    Notwithstanding, you are more than welcome however to be the first "non-Victorian" member of ACV. Membership application in first post in this thread.

    Look forward to having you on board and seeing you join us for a trip someday. We will be doing trips all over Victoria so I am sure one of them will be suitable in location and duration for you to join us.

    We may even do some National Trips.

    Watch this space....


    MY11 Candy White Highline. VIC

    Sambo
    I missed this post due having Tapatalk off during a week away working.

    I like wise being facetious. Having been involved with a few clubs over the years and committees believe it needs supporting members that i would never be able to do as we are now more site seeing 4x4rs now, plus i noticed one of the stipulations that wankers need not apply would count me out anyway.

    I was just having a dig with east and west coast.

    Enjoy and be safe
  • MattyDeeMattyDee Supporting Member
    edited June 2013
    Just need to make it clear, The need not apply comment was from me, and not the VIcAmarokClub. I just know in the local 4wd club that I am a member off, is ruined by a few wankers. And this ones a fresh club, it be nice to keep it full of good people


    Candy White VeeDub.
Sign In or Register to comment.