Kalbarri-Murchasion River

FritzFritz Supporting Member
edited April 2015 in WA
Spending some time in and around Kalbarri. Some good tracks out off town up the river. Nothing to challenging but did find one rock step that showed standard clearance makes things difficult.

Comments

• FritzFritz Supporting Member
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    We did a quad bike tour of Wagoe beach. Be a good drive in the Rok. 4wd access through the farm only if your staying there. Public access through Lucky bay.

We were to cross the river onto the station for a self guided tour and to suss out camping etc but the dodgy slave cylinder put paid to that and ended our trip.
  • RabbitRabbit Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Looks like you had a great trip except for the slave cylinder.
    Wouldn't mind heading that way one day and have a good look around.
  • jtwjtw Supporting Member
    edited May 2013
    Looks excellent I was hoping to get up there over Easter but it didn't happen
  • mudsandrokmudsandrok Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    Heading that way this easter. How difficult is the tracks? Did you have to deflate or have special gear? Where did you go to get to the track?

Cheers.
    edited March 2015
    Been a couple of years now, Rok was standard just have to watch clearance. Soft sand close to the river so tyres down to 20psi at least.
    For the track, just follow the river!

Jamie:-)
    edited March 2015
    Fritz wrote: »
    Been a couple of years now, Rok was standard just have to watch clearance. Soft sand close to the river so tyres down to 20psi at least.
    For the track, just follow the river!

Jamie:-)

Thanks Jamie - all still factory standard, so - if I survived the power lines, I guess I'll survive the river track.
  • g-richg-rich Posting Freak
    edited March 2015
    [MENTION=4810]mudsandrok[/MENTION] I am heading up to Shark Bay over Easter, was considering a bit of a look around this area as well. Maybe I'll see you on the road!
    edited April 2015
    @ g-rich I saw a couple of Amaroks on our trip. I think I may have passed you on our way back from the national park. You gave a thumbs up?
  • g-richg-rich Posting Freak
    edited April 2015
    Haha very likely, I do allow myself a small smile when I see another Rok.
    [MENTION=4810]mudsandrok[/MENTION] did it look like a White Rok, Xrox, Massive LED spotties, Bushwakker Flares, 35mm Lift, Roof Rack, Black Sports Bar, Soft Tonneau??
    edited April 2015
    g-rich wrote: »
    Haha very likely, I do allow myself a small smile when I see another Rok.
    [MENTION=4810]mudsandrok[/MENTION] did it look like a White Rok, Xrox, Massive LED spotties, Bushwakker Flares, 35mm Lift, Roof Rack, Black Sports Bar, Soft Tonneau??

:huh: Maybe

I think I saw one with your description in town the one day. Sounds like a nice setup.