Volks Enthusiast Club present RATeX 2013 Dalhousie (September)

phaetonphaeton Senior Member
edited April 2013 in SA
Hello to all Amarokers :D,

I'm currently Secretary in the Volks Enthusiast Club of SA and have been added to the RATex 2013 Committee.

RATeX an intiative of the Volks Enthusiast Club of SA was first run in 2010. The idea was to get the old VWs from under the covers and relive the glory days of the 1950s REDeX Trials and also Fundraise for Charities.

We started from Adelaide and went to Hawker, Arkaroola, Yunta, Broken Hill, Wentworth and back to Adelaide.

Last year the club ran the second RATeX to Kangaroo Island with a 6 day stay and tour of the KI.

Next year we plan to do an 9 day trip upto Dalhousie Springs and back.

If any Amarokers are interested in coming or attending an information night please contact me via the private message system.

Cheers
Ben

Comments

• SamboSambo Forum Addict
    edited August 2012
    My Rok has been there already, but would love to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • sclarke7171sclarke7171 Posting Freak
    edited August 2012
    Keen to come in the Kombi !!!
  • phaetonphaeton Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    What is that Jap 4wd doing there ????
  • pbissettpbissett Supporting Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I saw that imposter as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited August 2012
    What is that Jap 4wd doing there ????

Ratex 2010 had 5 support vehicles, I was actually in that Jap 4x4 with my old workmate, 26 cars in all.

This was my first trip Outback as a city slicker and I was amazed by the country side, amazingly beautiful country we have.
    We also had a 60s year old member who had never been bush before and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

The VWs performed very well the only issues were flats & aftermarket exhausts breaking off, a foreign Subi powered Kombi overheated due to mud sticking to radiator but everyone made it back safely.

I going to be upfront right now
    Costs
    If anyone decides to join the Ratex there will be some conditions.

1) As the Volks Enthusiast Club of SA are running RATeX, both driver and any elected driver(s) will have to join the Club, if there was an incident on the event the Insurance may not cover that participant. Cost to join will be $55.00, you can next year just prior to RATeX if you like.

2) Usually we have an entry fee which is normally donated to an elected charity - last 2 Ratex's cost was $200.00 entry (per vehicle). inc. stickers for vehicle, hat and t-shirt.

3) All other costs food, fuel, camping sites & hotels/motels etc will be upto the entrant to budget for.

4) Have fun !!!

The event is our version of the Variety Charity Bash.
    edited August 2012
    That's cheap. Last targa rally I did was $1200 for 2 days.
    edited August 2012
    That's cheap. Last targa rally I did was $1200 for 2 days.

Yes its well worth it and the experience of being outback with a group of amazing people is priceless.
    edited April 2013
    Have not been on here for along time :(

Anyway this event has been brought back to May the 18th to the May 26th.
    I know its short notice, anyone interested please PM me.

Another bit of news is that one of our member has ordered and will take part in an Amarok Highline TDI420 Auto.