Welcome to the NZ Section

nicknznicknz Supporting Member
edited April 2018 in Amarok New Zealand
Hello to all the fellow Amarok people in NZ. How many are on here and where are you from?

Thanks

Comments

• SoovySoovy Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    Hello to Nick and thanks to mods and admin for setting up the Amarok OZ site and this NZ section.

I'm from Lyttelton, Christchurch.

Had a ding dong battle between buying the new Ranger and an Amarok, VW, obviously, won the day.

Just bought this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=484228991 fly up to Napier next week to pick it up.
  • EarwigEarwig Supporting Member
    edited June 2012
    Welcome Fellas!

Ha ha.

7895705d-2e38-b91e.jpg
  • chockochocko Posting Freak
    edited June 2012
    Sweet as bro
  • nicknznicknz Supporting Member
    edited June 2012
    chocko wrote:
    Sweet as bro

Thanks mate;)
  • CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited June 2012
    Have a chup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited June 2012
    edited June 2012
    Calibrated wrote:
    ah noo

Can I ban you Lol
    edited June 2012
    Only after sux pm, qld time.
  • SteevoSteevo Super Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Funny stuff.
  • MattyDeeMattyDee Supporting Member
    edited June 2012
    Calibrated wrote:

Bahaha,

NZ alright, I bought a ripper sux man tint last time I was there
    edited June 2012
    MattyDee wrote:
    Calibrated wrote:

Bahaha,

NZ alright, I bought a ripper sux man tint last time I was there

With talk like that I'll revoke your visiting rights ;)
  • MattyDeeMattyDee Supporting Member
    edited June 2012
    Haha nooo! I love going there! One of the best places on this planet imo
  • ICEWOLFICEWOLF Forum Addict
    edited June 2012
    Second that! And I've only seen the 'Bottom' half. Haha

Show us ya stuff NZ:P

Looking forward to Adventure Reports n trips. The more extreme the better obviously:D
    ...pls
    edited June 2012
    What the boys do at 1pm in Kiwi land

• Pelorus32Pelorus32 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Where's Whanga Road Nick? I think I heard a mention of papa clay in there. Brought back very unhappy memories :(
    edited June 2012
    It's in between Stratford and Taumaramui, east coast of north island. The track is 22 kms long we drive in about 4 of it before turning back. I normally do it in my bush truck
  • DonzDonz Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    nicknz wrote:
    Hello to all the fellow Amarok people in NZ. How many are on here and where are you from?

Thanks

Hi Nick and any other NZ Amarokers.

I have a dark blue Rok and live in Puhoi, north of Auckland. I am a hobby farmer and used to race and rally various cars. I really enjoy my Rok and it is super useful for carrying stock feed and pallets of building material.
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the forum. Where did you buy it from?
  • DonzDonz Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    I got mine from Continental Cars, Newmarket. Good people to deal with and I have bought from them several times in the past; Audi TT, Golf GTi, etc.
  • tintinztintinz Super Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Need to get more Amarok NZ owners on here feeling a bit lonely I might go ask on VASK.ORG.NZ forum for other kiwi members to join up here and say "Kia ora Bro"
  • 4Dogs4Dogs Junior Member
    edited July 2013
    You can add one more Kiwi to the list.
    Picked up a new Highline about a month ago, have the Hilux sitting in the workshop for a tidy up before flicking it.
    So far so good, with the wagon although the front skid plate it getting a workout at work (forestry block).
    edited July 2013
    welcome 4Dogs good to see another kiwi on here I think last count there was me (from Auckland, NickNZ (also from Auckland), and audidude who I read on the VASK forum that he sold his 2WD highline and got a 4Motion instead. Put up some pics mate where in NZ are you? I use to work for Carter Holt Harvey and worked all over NZ and OZ
  • 4Dogs4Dogs Junior Member
    edited July 2013
    Based in Auck.
    I'll put some pics up when I actually take some, it can wait till the signage and aerials etc have been moved over anyway.
    It's going into Motortech next week to get an ecb type 8 bar on and a small lift in the front (if the struts have turned up).
    Oh and find a suitable worklight to use as a reverse. That reversing light is a joke.
    edited July 2013
    nice mate for your reverse lights check out this thread http://www.ausamarok.com.au/forum/showthread.php/1918-Is-it-just-me-or-are-the-reversing-lights-really-dim/page6 awesome information from Rokbottom and Manto1975 has some led lights for sale which lots of guys have brought for reverse light. I personally prefer Rokbottom solution as it keeps it factory looking. If you see a blacked out Rok with blacked out 18 inch Durbans with a handsome fella behind the wheel around Onehunga and grey Lynn\city its probably not me but please wave out lol

if your after a good reverse camera mate let me know I can help you out with a great deal RCD510 plus reverse camera for under $600 cheaper then dealers

Tin
  • martynnzmartynnz Junior Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi everyone. Picked up a highline in the field days special last month and not regretting my decision
    Have been lurking around here getting advice pre and post purchase. Couple of questions to start off:
    1) Has anyone specified the reversing camera when they bought? The reason I ask is I think my install has gone awry in that it is not centred and doesn't display guidelinea etc. Before I jumped up and down at dealers I just wanted to know if this is the standard or whether I have been ripped.
    2) has anyone bought a bakflip in NZ? How did they find the guys to deal with and how well does it work.

Thanks for having me and look forward to a few more posts.

Cheers

Martyn
  • ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
    edited July 2014
    Welcome aboard , will be in the Land of the Long White Cloud in September , North island only this trip , I shall wave at all the Amaroks from a rental Corolla unless [MENTION=2181]tintinz[/MENTION] agrees to a bit of a swap
    Oz
  • ahebronahebron Junior Member
    edited April 2018
    Seems those over this side of the ditch are a bit shy.
    Plenty of Amaroks on the roads here.
    Looks to me like if it has a canopy or canvas covered tray its a worker.:p
    It has a tray lid and rear bars its a lifestyler.;)
    Just my impressions.
    Mine is a 2014 Highline Auto 4Motion and has a canopy.

Adrian
  • Pablo JimenezPablo Jimenez Junior Member
    edited April 2018
    hello

I have amarok 2014. I bought it without control module at the steering wheel to connect the radio. it does not have pre-installation.
    anyone have the link with the installation manual? Thank you