Replacing/swapping Rear leafs

I just bought a 2017 Rok that came fitted with the heavy duty 400kg+ rear leafs. My tray is usually empty and now the ride is horrible.

Can i replace them with factory leafs or is it worth spending the extra on OME or OA leafs?

Guessing i could pick up a set of factory leafs for pretty cheap from someone who has upgraded.

Comments

• ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member

Have you fiddled with tyre pressures , try 38 psi and let me know

Oz

• 38 psi made a slight difference but its still to rough for daily driving.

Try 36psi , but remember to pump em up if you are carrying any load including passengers

Depending on what I am doing i run these pressures and the tyres are wearing very evenly according to the depth gaude

Oz

i presume you are running H/T tyres not M/S orA/T tyres

If you are running the last 2 you will never get a luxurious ride

Oz

• AWRokAWRok Junior Member

Hi bud,

Where about's are you located?

Cheers

Arthur

• im in sydney. fitting new leafs this weekend

• doinitsidewaysdoinitsideways Junior Member

Don’t forget new ubolts/nuts and medium lock tight... don’t want those suckers coming loose.

• ah yup got all the goods. havent been able to find torque values for all the nuts yet. on a google hunt at the moment. any suggestions?

have done one side so far tonight. going to do the other tomorrow. had to loosen and reposition the rear hangar to get the leafs back into it. not sure what position to have them in before retightening them now. should i do it in the loaded or unloaded position. any idea?

• doinitsidewaysdoinitsideways Junior Member

I installed a spacer on the rear for a lift and new u bolts as the factory leafs were fine for me... so I haven’t had to remove the leafs.

i have done my old Hilux and cruiser previously though and once the Ubolts and shackles were done up, everything else I tightened once sitting with all the weight...

as for torque values 120+ with lock tight as a guide unless someone else has actual VAG values???...is really whatever you can get out of them... the lock tight is super important though... had a mate not use any on his hilux... rattled loose on the way out to Blackwater in central Qld... luckily they didn’t all fall out...