What is going on with the forum

As the title suggests, [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] or someone explain why we are having such large breaks in the usage of the forum.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comments

• CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited September 2018
    EdwinP wrote: »
    As the title suggests, [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] or someone explain why we are having such large breaks in the usage of the forum.

Been in and out with testing the Vanilla platform cutover. Taking way longer than anticipated :(
  • gnelgnel Senior Member
    edited October 2018
    My computer is still giving me warnings. Is there anything to worry about?
  • EdwinPEdwinP Forum Slave
    edited October 2018
    gnel wrote: »
    My computer is still giving me warnings. Is there anything to worry about?[/QUOTE [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] is this still an issue?

• ozcaddyozcaddy Supporting Member
    edited October 2018
    This situation has been going on for months , Google , Telstra etc throwing up warnings about site and denying access
    How I got on today is a mystery but after this venting I will feel good for a while
    It is a bit like the weather everybody complains but no one does anything about it [MENTION=872]Steevo[/MENTION] was the only one who was able to fix , I say bring back Steevo
    This was , repeat was a great forum , people from around the Amarok world used it now it is about as reliable as an honest politician
    Oz
    edited October 2018
    We just need an amarok driving politician [MENTION=1381]ozcaddy[/MENTION] or an ausamarok party in the Senate then we would be sweet.

edited October 2018
    EdwinP wrote: »
    We just need an amarok driving politician [MENTION=1381]ozcaddy[/MENTION] or an ausamarok party in the Senate then we would be sweet.

[MENTION=5221]EdwinP[/MENTION] , There have been a number of posts from members claiming they can fix but it is up to [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] to decide what will happen right now the forum is bleeding members who access the site and possibly if that continues it may become irrelevant
    Oz
    edited October 2018
    Don't disagree oz, a stable forum will benefit us all

edited March 9
    Well per chance I clicked on Ausamarok and it started albeit with the red screen warning still popping up but it is back for how long ?????
    Oz
  • VegiemiteVegiemite Member
    edited March 9
    Same here on both accounts, will be of interest if it stays up. Damn hope it does as it is a great source of information.
    Cheers
    Vegie
  • DrewDrew Super Moderator
    edited March 9
    Just noticed the same myself!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  • CalibratedCalibrated Administrator
    edited March 9
    After everyone had a bitch and moan about not wanting to contribute to running costs, I just left it.

But I don’t want it to die.

I’ve approached a developer to migrate us from VBulletin to the Open Source version of Vanilla, hosted on our current server. Pricing is reasonable and he will be able to give us ongoing support on Vanilla if required as well.

Should be fully migrated in 7-14 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited March 9
    Love your work, [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION]...

As always, let me know if I can help

edited March 10
    [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] , all I whinged and bitched about was the fact I kept getting error reprts and unable to access , I have kicked the can once and I am prepared to do it again
    I did not notice/see any posts relating to this but will continue to look
    The site is still throwing up warnings from Google , Telstra and Firefox/Mozilla
    Await your reply
    Oz
    ps , surely a good accountant can also assist you in having the forum as an advertising tax deduction to partially help offset any costs
  • ScotRokScotRok Supporting Member
    edited March 10
    [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] thanks for getting it up running again.
    Hopefully you can get some advertising to help support the forum.
  • VegiemiteVegiemite Member
    edited March 11
    Calibrated wrote: »
    After everyone had a bitch and moan about not wanting to contribute to running costs, I just left it.

But I don’t want it to die.

I’ve approached a developer to migrate us from VBulletin to the Open Source version of Vanilla, hosted on our current server. Pricing is reasonable and he will be able to give us ongoing support on Vanilla if required as well.

Should be fully migrated in 7-14 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if its running costs the main issue, are you actually receiving the "Supporting Members" contributions?
    Why I ask is last year I donated funds to be a supporting member and yet still have seen no change in membership, so is the membership process actually working?
    There could be a few $$'s out there that members are willing to provide in contributing to the financial burdens of the forums.
    Cheers
    Vegie
    edited March 11
    ozcaddy wrote: »
    [MENTION=3]Calibrated[/MENTION] , all I whinged and bitched about was the fact I kept getting error reprts and unable to access , I have kicked the can once and I am prepared to do it again
    I did not notice/see any posts relating to this but will continue to look
    The site is still throwing up warnings from Google , Telstra and Firefox/Mozilla
    Await your reply
    Oz
    ps , surely a good accountant can also assist you in having the forum as an advertising tax deduction to partially help offset any costs

I got on ok yesterday , but when I tried tonight I finally got the Telstra block. Even setting it to low it would not let me access topics.
    Now on tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    edited March 11
    That Telstra "safe site" thing is a massive load of crap... It's been turned on without my consent, and I simply don't want it...

edited March 12
    Drew wrote: »
    That Telstra "safe site" thing is a massive load of crap... It's been turned on without my consent, and I simply don't want it...

[MENTION=1447]Drew[/MENTION] , my problem is I cannot get onto the forum in a normal log-in manner I have to jump through hoops , but I get on , Telstra safe stops me ,Google safe browsing stops me and Firefox/Mozilla stops me , they may all be crap but guess what , they are effective blockers
    I fill in the Not a deceptive site report etc all to no avail
    I am prepared to pay my way but the forum must be in an operational state
    If I was the only complainant I would suck it up but others enjoy my company in the same boat
    Regards
    Oz
    edited March 12

I don’t know how but I’ve just got on!
    Telstra did the same to me, I’ve tried turning it to low so maybe that has finally worked. I can’t find a way to turn it off.
    edited March 12
    ScotRok wrote: »
    I don’t know how but I’ve just got on!
    Telstra did the same to me, I’ve tried turning it to low so maybe that has finally worked. I can’t find a way to turn it off.
    How do you even turn it down???

edited March 12
    How do you even turn it down???

Just blocked me again!
    You need to go into your Telstra account and look for the extras on your broadband section, you’ll find the protect thing there click it and then turn it to low.
    49dcbc2a0f7c6aa5adab0e03ed4df651.jpga731457343a32852592f2d40180e80d7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to see the Forum back , just a small comment , the posts should have a date on them so we know when they were put up

Plus my offer to kick the cam still stands to help maintain the forum

Oz