• Abraham.crossAbraham.cross Member
    edited October 2018
    Whitecore1 wrote: »
    Selling used body lift for Auto
    Been painted in plasti dip so can peel the paint off
    Comes with bolts and pucks
    $350
    Delivered or pic up Bribie Island
    Hey mate still available?? if yes please text me on 0420364204.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  • Diver13Diver13 Supporting Member
    edited October 2018
    There’s a guy sells them on flee bay for $250
    Got them on mine and I’m very happy
  • Abraham.crossAbraham.cross Member
    edited October 2018
    Diver13 wrote: »
    There’s a guy sells them on flee bay for $250
    Got them on mine and I’m very happy
    Do you have a link?

The only ones I can find on flea bay are the 1 inch body lift or the 40mm $505 kit from Russia.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  • MctwodrinksMctwodrinks Junior Member

how are these going ? looking into them, any feedback would be great :)

• doinitsidewaysdoinitsideways Junior Member

I’ve been looking at the 25mm ones... not sure how they will look with the already installed arb summit bar...

yeah im thinking because ive put a bullbar & winch the froont has sagged right down, ive got the dobinsons 2inch lift on the way im thinking about maybe putting one of these in at the same time....

Read the latest artical in loaded 4x4. The guy there has done something similar.

http://www.loaded4x4.com.au/issue-008/#9

You still stocko up front?

im running Marks billies and the h&r’s... when they start to sag I’ll hopefully have the dosh to go with some seikels with reservoirs...

im thinking maybe just go the 43mm body now though...

ill have a read thanks...

josh

yeah mate, haven't touched the suspension on her yet. i'm gonna go the remote reservoirs purely for the fact of where i live (north qld) & i will be planning a trip to the cape in the next few months hopefully as well. So they will get a solid work out either way lol.

The only thing that worries me about lifting the car & putting the body lift in, is how much not doing a diff drop etc would have on the other components like hte cv's & stuff.......

I had the summit bar and winch on for about 8 weeks after I picked up my v6 new... she did quite the nose dive after install... I have before and after measurements somewhere.

marks net4x4 billies are great, but if you have the $$ I think the remote res will be the go.

as for CV, I did the 2 inch lift and have no issues with clicking etc... so can’t be all bad. But for the cost of the diff drop, would be a good investment as opposed to the cost of snapping a cv.

body lift shouldn’t affect anything except a higher COG

yeah mine has done the nose dive, the measurements is one thing i didnt do, which i probably should have.

I think im gunna go for the dobinsons remote res, i wouldnt mind having a look at the new TJM pace ones either.

I think anything more than a 2 inch lift would probably be good to do the diff drop, like you said its cheaper to do than the cost of all the CV's lol

most places i seen when researching my lift didn’t do more than 40 to 50mm in a lift because of the CV angle getting too steep.

im dubious about the v6 diff drop as originally I read a lot of them were the same kit as the 2.0 and could sometimes cause vibrations etc, so decided to hold off till they were a bit more refined.

2 inch suspension, caloffroad UCA’s, 43mm body lift and then new shoes...

im in the process of researching how to lift my arb summit bar and warn winch after a body lift at the moment.

and the final bit of research is the hardest for me because I just never get tyres and wheels... offsets etc... hopefully pickup another 20mm in height under the axles...

yeh that makes sense, most of the parts you have to wait for with the rok lol.

isnt lifting the bullbar just a case of welding 2 new support brackets ?

ha yeah i have never understood the whole offset thing either!

It’s worth waiting for something tried and tested I suppose...

i don’t know, is it?... haha. I don’t know if different bars attach different ways, I’ve sent something to the ARB local that did all my work to see there response. I know the winch is in there as well, which could make it a little more difficult... last time I removed a winch from a vehicle it was fixed to the chassis as well as the bar...

your in SE Qld yeah?..

edited July 7

https://imgur.com/AdygNrv

i saw this on instagram earlier & thought of you lol.

nah im in north qld

😂

what I’m most worried about... or a dodgy welding job ripping apart mid winch pull...

😳

haha just chuck a couple of zippy ties on it & she'l be right (Y)

Hey Jonno,

just reading this one RE body lifts. Appears qld requires all body lifts to be certified by an approved person...

Vehicle Lifts

Raising of 4WD type vehicles (ADR category MC, NA and NB1 only)

Vehicles with electronic stability control (ESC) are treated the same as vehicles without ESC.

The raising of a vehicle is permitted up to 75mm without certification, testing or specific approval, provided the vehicle continues to comply with all other vehicle standards requirements. The 75mm lift limit can be made up of a maximum of 50mm suspension and/or 25mm tyres only. No body block lift is allowed without certification.

A vehicle lift up to 150mm is permitted with certification by an Approved Person. The maximum 150mm limit can be made up of a maximum of 75mm suspension, 25mm tyres and 50mm body blocks. Tyre lift heights are 50% of the tyre diameter, for example a 25mm tyre lift results from a 50mm increase in tyre diameter. For more information, refer to the section on Tyres and Rims.

For more information refer to the Queensland Code of Practice: Vehicle Modifications.

Oh wow well you learn something new everyday! cheers for that!