WA Amarok Owners

Comments

• funky0funky0 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I polished on the weekend after my trip up north and I can't figure out where the scratches have come from! ! But being a VW with galv panels and black paint shows them up way too easy. ...

Sent from my SM-N9005
  • OURAMAROKOURAMAROK Forum Slave
    edited May 2014
    [MENTION=661]funky0[/MENTION] - no doub't I'll have the same issue with the Toffee Brown.
    edited May 2014
    [MENTION=4363]Col[/MENTION]. So is the Toffee Brown the same as Mendoza or is it a new colour?

Sent from my SM-N9005
  • tintinztintinz Super Moderator
    edited May 2014
    The city of Mendoza from Argentina sued VW for use of his name so they had to go with Toffee brown LOL
    edited May 2014
    funky0 wrote: »
    Col. So is the Toffee Brown the same as Mendoza or is it a new colour?

Sent from my SM-N9005

I THINK it's slightly different - there was a Mendoza Brown Amarok in the dealer car park last time we were there and it looked slightly different from a distance.
    [MENTION=2181]tintinz[/MENTION] - that's interesting! Couldn't find a place called Toffee so I think they are safe with that one :D
    edited May 2014
    [MENTION=4363]Col[/MENTION]. Hey mate. Hopefully you are on line. I'm having issues releasing my spare from the stupid latch thing. Any idea how it actually comes off......... 😠

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    Don't worry. I'm having an idiot moment. ....

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    Just realised the latch thing is the safety latch. ....

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    😆

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    [MENTION=661]funky0[/MENTION] - I'm here - you must be feeling tyred by now - wheely Tyred :p
    edited May 2014
    Your a funny man! First time in 2 and a half years I've needed to take the spare out! And my manual is at home. ......

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    Glad you got it sorted mate - bet you won't do that again (leave your manual at home) - and btw - with 720 Clicks on the clock I doubt I'd be able to help other than read the manual - which fortunately I've left at home too - because that's where I am - and, if we have the same luck flat tyre wise as our Kia - I'll travel 340,000 kilometers and STILL be waiting to change a tyre :D
  • DVSequineDVSequine Junior Member
    edited August 2014
    Gday Fellow WA Rokers, Just trolling around and saw this post... If the timings right, I'm up for an excursion or a bit of play time.
    Working an even time roster so every second weekend Im home. Love to catch up with some other like minded "Das Auto" owners.
    Due back from this trip mid September so I'll stay tuned.......
    edited August 2014
    Any WA Rok owners travelling through Southern WA are more than welcome to get in contact with me here or through Southern WA Outdoors (see my signature) - we are planning a trip on tracks through the south coast near Albany, have a Meet and Greet planned with prizes and more :shy:
  • 1EMT4001EMT400 Member
    edited August 2014
    Col wrote: »
    Any WA Rok owners travelling through Southern WA are more than welcome to get in contact with me here or through Southern WA Outdoors (see my signature) - we are planning a trip on tracks through the south coast near Albany, have a Meet and Greet planned with prizes and more :shy:

Hi Col...

I'm an Albanian, but spend most of my time further north. My place down there is about a mile up the hill from Hartmans. Have you done the West Cape Howe trip in the Amarok yet? I just got a Trendline, but still have a shorty Defender for those tracks.

How is the Albany VW dealer for service? Did you get yours there?
    edited August 2014
    1EMT400 wrote: »
    Hi Col...

I'm an Albanian, but spend most of my time further north. My place down there is about a mile up the hill from Hartmans. Have you done the West Cape Howe trip in the Amarok yet? I just got a Trendline, but still have a shorty Defender for those tracks.

How is the Albany VW dealer for service? Did you get yours there?

Ahhh know Hartman's VERY well (Southern WA Outdoors covers it and West Cape Howe/ Torbay VERY well) - Mate you'll find the Amarok VERY capable - did you buy the Rok from Albany? Experience with that for us was first class.!!
  • 1EMT4001EMT400 Member
    edited August 2014
    No. Bought it from John Hughes. Have used Albany dealer to service my GTI, but thought it was all a bit impersonal, thats why I asked.

Don't get enough time in the area these days. Last trip was to Israelite in the Defender. Great country out there too.
    edited August 2014
    1EMT400 wrote: »
    No. Bought it from John Hughes. Have used Albany dealer to service my GTI, but thought it was all a bit impersonal, thats why I asked.

Don't get enough time in the area these days. Last trip was to Israelite in the Defender. Great country out there too.

That's interesting because my experience was completely different, my salesman rings me at least once a week and bought my rock three months ago. Haven't been out that far - have you seen -> http://www.ausamarok.com.au/forum/showthread.php/5874-All-WA-Amarok-Owners-Southern-WA-Outdoors-Comps-Prizes-and-Info!! ?
  • Millsy72Millsy72 Junior Member
    edited January 2015
    Howdy All,

I just picked up my second Rok (Auto now) and also just moved to Donnybrook
    I am pretty keen to catch up with some fellow Rok owners who know the south west area, so i may tag along and explolre the area

Let me know if anything is being planned

Cheers

Millsy
  • EdwinPEdwinP Forum Slave
    edited January 2015
    Hey millsy i would be keen to see a few roks take on the south west. I am reletively new to wa and welcome the opportunity to tag along.
    edited January 2015
    EdwinP - Southern WA Outdoors could be organising another Meet and Greet in the not too distant future - if you want the chance to be involved, just join my forum and, if you use a different name to the one in here, let me know :cool:
    edited January 2015
    Thanks [MENTION=4363]Col[/MENTION] what is your forum named or link?
    edited January 2015
    EdwinP wrote: »
    Col what is your forum named or link?

No probs Edwin - Southern WA Outdoors - http://www.southernwaoutdoors.com.au :cool:
  • RabbitRabbit Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm currently in Busselton with work. Noticed a few Roks down here. Looking forward to the next catch up Col. It will be good to actual meet some more Rok drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    edited January 2015
    Rabbit wrote: »
    I'm currently in Busselton with work. Noticed a few Roks down here. Looking forward to the next catch up Col. It will be good to actual meet some more Rok drivers.

G'day Rabbit - Indeed! Swapping preliminary PMs with the organiser in Southern WA Outdoors - our members are spread all over southern WA, from Perth down. So the intention is to pick somewhere central this time. The guy that will be organising it was a professional tour guide and is VERY knowledgeable on sites and terrain - so it should be a cracker. LOTS to organise yet - will be after Easter as Dave (Sandgroper) the organiser has other commitments before then).

ALL - IF YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED AND INFORMED - Join Southern WA Outdoors - http://www.southernwaoutdoors.com.au - we'll be posting up a Thread soon! We'll be tossing around ideas - including cash prizes and subsidizing of costs!
  • RabbitRabbit Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Sounds good [MENTION=4363]Col[/MENTION]

edited January 2015
    Rabbit wrote: »
    Col

Cheers mate - should be a BIG one! :cool:
    edited January 2015
    [MENTION=5221]EdwinP[/MENTION] ... Hi mate, went for a drive down to Denmark and hit the sand at "the Gap" over the Oz day week end
    Can't wait to do it again soon, just had my new Bar and lights fitted and now need to look at some suspension as the front will no doubt drop
    Bilstein anyone lol
    edited January 2015
    Hey [MENTION=2485]Millsy72[/MENTION] sounds like great weekend, had a buddy go there a coulple of weeks ago in his Nav (trying to convert him) and said it it was awesome, with some great beach camping around the area.

I am currently shopping for new front suspension, my oem struts and HD king springs. I am running arb steel bar with warn winch 3 years old with 100 000km on them, Will be going bilstein with out hesitation.
    edited January 2015
    [MENTION=5221]EdwinP[/MENTION] ..... Mine is only 3 months old, traded my manual for an auto
    Really keen on the Bilsteins myself, just need to find some at a good price and someone to fit them in Bunbury
    Shouldn't be too hard

Trying to upload a couple of pics but doing something wrong :confused: