WA Amarok Owners

Comments

• RabbitRabbit Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Ok guys I think it is time for the WA Rok owners to get together for a day trip in the next couple of weeks. Let us know what's a good time and we'll met up.
    North, South or East, it doesn't matter.
  • FritzFritz Supporting Member
    edited September 2012
    I,m going to try to get to the start of the safari next Friday, keen to have a look at the grunt global Rok.

Sunday's are good for us for a day trip. Could do a Saturday but kids have swimming ect
    You thinking beach or in the hills?
    edited September 2012
    Is that Friday week? Hope so as that is my day off.
    I'm off this Friday too, but ARB are replacing my bull bar with a new one that morning.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah the 21st. From the website says trucks are on display from 4pm and "ceremonial" start from 730pm.
    Don't know what I'm doing yet cause I don't finish work til 4 in Kewdale, have to get home to Byford pick up the misses and kids then up to Hillary's, be bloody 7 before we get there!
    edited September 2012
    Nice, thanks mate. I'll be up there about 4 o'clock. Hope to see a few Amarok owners there.
  • purtpurt Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi Rabbit any thoughts on a trip sometime difficult to organise with people doing different shifts etc Cheers Rodney
    edited November 2012
    Hi Purt,
    Haven't organised anything of late, but if people are available on Sunday, we could organise a Amarok get together.
    Any ideas?
  • purtpurt Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi Rabbit best bet might be to just put it out there & see if any ones interested then work on some dates that would suit try any thing hey Cheers Rodney
  • fussfuss Junior Member
    edited March 2013
    Are any Rok owners still going in WA? I'm in Harvey and got plenty of access to good tracks and camping. Be great to have a bit of a get together before too long!
    edited March 2013
    fuss wrote: »
    Are any Rok owners still going in WA? I'm in Harvey and got plenty of access to good tracks and camping. Be great to have a bit of a get together before too long!

G'day @Fuss

We'll be keen for a look around down there, got trips organised for Easter and then up to Kalbarri for school holidays but let us know what you're doing and well try to come down.

Cheers Jamie
  • squidsquid Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I've Got a white Rok,
    With black Bullbar (OL)
    TJM rear Bar
    Black sports Bars
    Safari Snorkel
    + few other bits and pieces.

And will soon have side bars, scrub bars, Ariels' spotlights, and then more stuff eventually :)
    Like Decent Rubber, black rims and some Lift!

You'll see me floating around NOR, or up and down Yuna. Brother also has a Rok, but his is dark grey and doesn't have much bar work yet.

Would be keen to get out 4wding, ktms on back and go for a much needed thrash somewhere but just seem to run out of time these days haha.

Names Robert anyway :)
  • MaverickMaverick Supporting Member
    edited April 2013
    Who is making your scrub bars and gear?

Maverick
    edited September 2013
    Hey,
    Sorry only just saw this,
    bought scrub bars and side steps from a place in queensland. ( OAQ )
    they have a workhop over here, but when you ring them up you pretty much deal with over east.
    Rest of my stuff i have in my thread somewhere :)
  • beng5328beng5328 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    G'day fellow WA rok owners.
    I'm changing the topic here but is anybody getting a Crispmods tune while he is in town? I'm getting a stage 1 Eco. Really looking forward to feeling the difference.
    edited September 2013
    beng5328 wrote: »
    G'day fellow WA rok owners.
    I'm changing the topic here but is anybody getting a Crispmods tune while he is in town? I'm getting a stage 1 Eco. Really looking forward to feeling the difference.

I'm getting a stage two
    Chasing Torque
    Undecided on whether to go an exhaust tho, have heard mixed things
    (ie from heaps of benefit, to a lot of people saying not really worth changing the exhaust)
  • beng5328beng5328 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    squid wrote: »
    I'm getting a stage two
    Chasing Torque
    Undecided on whether to go an exhaust tho, have heard mixed things
    (ie from heaps of benefit, to a lot of people saying not really worth changing the exhaust)

I guess it depends on who is doing it? I'm playing it safe but also have plenty of other fast vehicles so not after max power. One of the things I've requested is that 1st changes to 2nd sooner while floored which should be ok if there is more torque down low.
    I also want to feel a change on the highway with a trailer and overtaking while basically paying for itself with less fuel.
    edited September 2013
    beng5328 wrote: »
    I guess it depends on who is doing it? I'm playing it safe but also have plenty of other fast vehicles so not after max power. One of the things I've requested is that 1st changes to 2nd sooner while floored which should be ok if there is more torque down low.
    I also want to feel a change on the highway with a trailer and overtaking while basically paying for itself with less fuel.
    Yeah Chris is doing mine too.
    In the sand/mud and when you pull into quick moving traffic is where the extra tq/usability of power will be most felt i think,
    but better acceleration, better driveability and still hopefully some fuel saving - should be beneficial.
  • OURAMAROKOURAMAROK Forum Slave
    edited May 2014
    Hi WA ROK owners - add me in - picking up ours on Monday - live down in Mount Barker (Great Southern) so if WA "ROK"ers :D every organised a trip down this way, more than happy to use our place as a base - also, feel free to join Southern WA Outdoors it's a forum I run for "All those that enjoy the outdoors in the wonderful region of Southern Western Australia" .
  • funky0funky0 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Good on ya [MENTION=4363]Col[/MENTION]. I get to Frankland a bit so might see you knocking around..... What model spec and colour did you go for?

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    @funky - great to get a response from another WA Rok owner - Frankland (as you know) is not far away from us - so might be able to organise something - also does the forum (specifically this area of it) some good to get some updated activity.

:)

Tomorrow (Only one sleep now :D) we're scheduled to take delivery of an MY 14 Highline Auto spec'ed as follows :

- Metallic Toffee Brown Colour/trim
    - Lights and Vision
    - Front and Rear Rubber Mats
    - OEM Towbar
    - Soft Tonneau Cover with Sports Bar
    - OEM Headlight Covers
    - OEM Bonnet Protector
    - Front window tinting
    - OEM (LED) Load Box
    EGR Alloy Bull Bar
    - 2 x Lightforce Striker 170 spots

what have you got funky0?
    edited May 2014
    Hi [MENTION=4363]Col[/MENTION]. Would be good to cover have a look around down there. ...
    I have a 12 Highline manual. Pearl black with Durbans. I didn't option anything when I bought it as it was to expensive. You probably now have as standard what was an option back then.
    I have done the following though.
    Black sports bar
    3 piece hard lid
    Bilstein dampeners with 25 ish mm lift at the front from Lovells Springs.
    Rear facing led spots
    Hid driving lights
    MCC Nudge bar ( being replaced with Maniac Bar shortly)
    Dual batteries and air compressor.
    OEM Wind protectors.
    Headlight guards and a black bonnet protector.
    Tinted Green glass in the front with privacy glass in the rear Windows.
    Hayman Reese tow bar.
    Oh and I plasti dipped the rims to black.
    Slightly dirty at the moment due to a trip through the pilbara. So not much of the black showing. ..😊

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    Hi [MENTION=661]funky0[/MENTION]

Mate! Sounds like you have that really nicely kitted up!

I initially wanted the Pearl Black but we already have a black Kia Sorrento, so the wife made it VERY CLEAR that black wasn't an option :rolleyes:

We have two big events coming up in June - the birth of our 6th grandy (daughter) and the second re-union of the Red Parrot nightclub - so, if time permits might try an organise a WA ROK owners meet up.
    edited May 2014
    Sounds good. I wouldn't mind doing a weekend down that way. Will have to keep in touch and see who else is lurking down that way with a Rok.

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    funky0 awesome mate!! Would be good to get a few down and do a tour, day run etc :cool:
  • BaldjonesBaldjones Junior Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi
    Please give us the nod if your having a trip, although our 4WD knowledge you could write on the side of an aspro with a pick, always willing to have ago and looking for a reason to peg out the tent.
    We're in Mandurah with a no colour rock with floor mats.
    edited May 2014
    Baldjones wrote: »
    Hi
    Please give us the nod if your having a trip, although our 4WD knowledge you could write on the side of an aspro with a pick, always willing to have ago and looking for a reason to peg out the tent.
    We're in Mandurah with a no colour rock with floor mats.

G'day Bj - HAHAHA - hey, I'm no expert - great to here from another WA member - excellent, will do mate - once I get some stuff out of the way - I'll start a separate specific thread as there are now a few interested (which is great!) - to bounce around some ideas!!
    edited May 2014
    Every one of my pin stripes had a tale. ..... All in the off road experience. ... Can't wait to meet up with you guys!

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    Ditto [MENTION=661]funky0[/MENTION] perhaps organise something on the other side of winter - quite a few things happening for me over the next couple of months.
    edited May 2014
    Other Side of winter sounds good. Gives me time to get some more war wounds on the Rok. ....😭

Sent from my SM-N9005
    edited May 2014
    funky0 wrote: »
    other side of winter sounds good. Gives me time to get some more war wounds on the rok. ....

sent from my sm-n9005

hahahaha!