WA Amarok Owners

funky0funky0 Senior Member
edited December 2017 in WA
So I have had a few peeks at this WA page and have seen no action. So I figured I would start something off.

:idea:
Just wondering where all the ROK's are over here and if anyone is interested in arranging some sort of weekender or the like.

Myself, I'm in Broomehill.

"Where the Bloody hell are you?" :exclamation:

Mark.

Comments

• Amarok AntAmarok Ant Member
    edited March 2012
    Port Hedland.
  • CupstaCupsta Member
    edited March 2012
    Mt Hawthorn....big smoke to you fellas!

Oh and more to the point Mark....where the bloody Hell is Broome hill?"

:huh::D
  • schmasonschmason Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm up in kununurra, enjoying the wet season in the new rok! a 7000km round trip might be a bit much for a fourbie trip, but if the timing is right id definitely be keen. An amarok trip down the powerlines track (mundaring to york) in the middle of winter would be sweet!
  • RabbitRabbit Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm in South Guildford and always up for a 4x4 trip..... Shift worker thou.
  • RokRoadBeachRokRoadBeach Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm south of Perth, took my rok for a run on Preston Beach on Sunday can't wait to do it again.
  • CassimeerCassimeer Member
    edited March 2012
    Im in Mandurah, my Rok had 86km on the clock when I hit Tims Thicket and then about 500 when I went from Preston to White Hills.
    I heading up to Exmouth and Coral Bay over easter so Im looking forward to a long drive in the big girl.
  • funky0funky0 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Cupsta wrote:

Well, at least that is a few of the Rok's identified. I saw another LE at the Capel Equestrian event this weekend, so I know they are about!!

As for Broomehill, It's about 3 hours south of Perth, near Katanning, or an hour and a half north east of Albany...

I looked at doing some of the Holland Track, but after doing about 2 km of it, and suffering ear piercing scratching from the scrub, I decided I love my paintwork too much. So it's gonna be a Black top fairy for a while!

We might have to get some sort of gathering going if anyone has any ideas. I'm new to this 4wd scene and have no idea where to go.

Suggestions?
    edited March 2012
    Lancelin or Mundaring powerline track??
  • davedave Supporting Member
    edited March 2012
    funky0 wrote:
    Cupsta wrote:

Well, at least that is a few of the Rok's identified. I saw another LE at the Capel Equestrian event this weekend, so I know they are about!!

As for Broomehill, It's about 3 hours south of Perth, near Katanning, or an hour and a half north east of Albany...

I looked at doing some of the Holland Track, but after doing about 2 km of it, and suffering ear piercing scratching from the scrub, I decided I love my paintwork too much. So it's gonna be a Black top fairy for a while!

We might have to get some sort of gathering going if anyone has any ideas. I'm new to this 4wd scene and have no idea where to go.

Suggestions?
    Maaaate. You got to have bush pinstriping added to your truck. Makes it look rugged. lol
    cheers
    edited March 2012
    Preston Beach?
  • eyebroweyebrow Member
    edited April 2012
    I just picked mine up. White Highline with the Black bars and Black side stripe.
  • volksee77volksee77 Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Keen for a run, took mine to Esperance 2 weeks after i got it and it performed a treat in the sand dunes. Only thing i didn't like was a clutch/brake smell with the difflock engaged low 4WD in very boggy sand and 1st gear.
  • eyebroweyebrow Member
    edited May 2012
    Im up near whitfords. If anyone wants to head upto two rocks/lancelin way give me a shout!
  • thechuckythechucky Member
    edited May 2012
    Gday, Im keen for a run anywhere! Anyone up for the Sun 3rd of june? Im newish to perth so dont know the local tracks. Went up Lancelin for easter but unfortunately before I had the Rok so keen for anything like that.

Cheers,

Chuck
    edited May 2012
    I'm working that day, don't have a Sunday off till the 16th June.
  • DamonsDamons Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Gday All
    Im always keen for new tracks.
    Heading to Shark bay in June, but always keen to do one or two nighters over the weekend. Favourite place on the weekends at the moment is Wedge island.

Cheers Damo
    edited May 2012
    Damo, a couple of us are organising a overnight trip in June.
    Have a look in the other thread for details.
  • RokzWARokzWA Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    Got mine Yesterday !!

Sand beige
    tinted windows
    245/70/16 good year wranglers on standard rims.
    RB6 rear protection & towbar combo (tjm) arrives tomorrow !

Mandurah area, new to WA so keen for a few day trips, im a fifo worker so im away 2 weeks then back for 1 week. Going to find some sand to play in this weekend before i go back to work ><.

Drove around all day today visiting 4x4 centers and i didnt see another amarok the whole time!
    edited June 2012
    Awesome stuff Rokz, Cupsta and myself are planning a weekend trip away on the last weekend of July. If not I'm available during the week at this stage, I'm a shift worker.
  • Pat6105Pat6105 Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Hey guys this is getting abit off topic but does anyone have a spray in liner and what place did you go to?

I got qouted $950 for a rhino at a joint in Belmont was thinking its a bit steep??

Thanks
    Pat
  • purtpurt Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi all living in Heathridge now from tassie. Heading back to Tassie on 2/sept to pick up my new silver Highline bit of a holliday there & back to WA on the 12th cant wait to try it out like to catch up with some other rok owners for a trip Cheers Rodney. Pic of my new Amarok at kings ARB Hobart .
    edited August 2012
    Looks good Rodney, where abouts are you living in Perth.
    Cupsta and I will be looking at doing another trip after I get back from the Variety Club Bash and Cupsta gets back from up north. We will keep your posted.
  • purtpurt Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Rabbit wrote:
    Looks good Rodney, where abouts are you living in Perth.
    Cupsta and I will be looking at doing another trip after I get back from the Variety Club Bash and Cupsta gets back from up north. We will keep your posted.

Hi Rabbit living at Heathridge mate
  • purtpurt Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi Rabbit picked up me new Amarok will be heading back to WA on the 12th from tassie catch up soon hopefully heres a pick of my ROK
    003.JPG 420.1K
    003.JPG 420.1K
    edited September 2012
    Looks a treat mate, enjoy the drive back, but watch for the Roos and camels.
    See you when you get in town.
  • purtpurt Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Rabbit wrote:
    Looks a treat mate, enjoy the drive back, but watch for the Roos and camels.
    See you when you get in town.
    Yer cheers mate look forward to it
  • SirTomoSirTomo Supporting Member
    edited September 2012
    Tuning in from Kalgoorlie, I am still waiting for my Highline Auto to arrive, hopefully before next month :)
    edited September 2012
    SirTomo, I was in Kalgoorlie last week with the variety club bash with my Amarok. We were in two for two days, the first day I didn't see any Amaroks around but on the second day they all started coming out of the woodwork.
    Lots of great places to use the Rok up there.
  • SirTomoSirTomo Supporting Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah they are slowly coming out :) I am very excited to get mine although I am being screwed around with finance right now... The car is on its way and the company that was financing me has pulled the pin on my finance after confirming it 2 weeks ago :(

Needless to say I am still going to get it :) and cannot wait to take it out bush around here!
    Rabbit wrote:
    SirTomo, I was in Kalgoorlie last week with the variety club bash with my Amarok. We were in two for two days, the first day I didn't see any Amaroks around but on the second day they all started coming out of the woodwork.
    Lots of great places to use the Rok up there.
  • BatmanBatman Member
    edited September 2012
    My car is still on the boat some where on the way to oz.

Can't wait, I'm hanging to get it.