Wee Jasper

CanberraNoviceCanberraNovice Senior Member
edited January 2017 in ACT
What is a good way to get to Wee Jasper.
I went once before and you actually go via a dirt road which I think is someone's property at some point but it's through access.
Can anyone tell me if I remembering correctly and what the road is called? Would it be Moutian Creek Road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• SamSamSamSam Member
    edited January 2017
    What is a good way to get to Wee Jasper.
    I went once before and you actually go via a dirt road which I think is someone's property at some point but it's through access.
    Can anyone tell me if I remembering correctly and what the road is called? Would it be Moutian Creek Road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountain Creek Road is public. Drive to the end, turn left on Wee Jasper Rd. This way has the least amount of dirt.

Or you can turn left a bit earlier at Sawyer's Gully Rd. It's more interesting. Dirt.

But you're probably thinking of Doctor's Flat Rd which is a right of way through private property. There's a closed gate at the Mountain Creek Rd end and a few more closed gates along the way. I heard recently that the property owner had locked it, not sure if that's true, don't think it's legal either but I could be wrong.