Morgan Quarry Trip

TPSSATPSSA Senior Member
edited November 2016 in SA
We recently attended a trip to the Morgan Quarry with the 4WD Adventurers Club SA. The Morgan Quarry can only be accessed by people in a registered 4WD club for insurance reasons.

We arrived on Friday late afternoon to set up our base camp at Cordolo Camp Ground situated right on the waters edge of the Murray River. The camp grounds are beautiful little spots between the gum trees, just find a vacant spot and stake your claim!

Saturday morning saw us depart camp and drive up towards Morgan to meet others at the Quarry gate eagerly waiting a days fun. We started at the central quarry pit playing around a bit, climbing up little get ups, having fun through the large mud puddle until we all had the call to move on. We ended up touring throughout the Quarry exploring the river beds, tackling the steep climbs and generally having fun.

We ended up calling it a day around 4pm and headed into Morgam for an ice cream before heading back to camp. That night were tales told from the days fun around the camp fire, followed by a few bevvys abd finally off to bed. Sunday we hung around for a few hours but decided to pack up and head for home before it got too hot.

It was a great weekend with a great bunch of like minded people. What really stod out for me was no matter what brand car you drove, everyone was keen for you to have a go at anything and equally happy for you if you made it. Good times :)

I'll let the pictures flow!!!!

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

IMG_5695.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

Comments

• SAROKSAROK Posting Freak
    edited November 2016
    TPSSA wrote: »
    We recently attended a trip to the Morgan Quarry with the 4WD Adventurers Club SA. The Morgan Quarry can only be accessed by people in a registered 4WD club for insurance reasons.

We arrived on Friday late afternoon to set up our base camp at Cordolo Camp Ground situated right on the waters edge of the Murray River. The camp grounds are beautiful little spots between the gum trees, just find a vacant spot and stake your claim!

Saturday morning saw us depart camp and drive up towards Morgan to meet others at the Quarry gate eagerly waiting a days fun. We started at the central quarry pit playing around a bit, climbing up little get ups, having fun through the large mud puddle until we all had the call to move on. We ended up touring throughout the Quarry exploring the river beds, tackling the steep climbs and generally having fun.

We ended up calling it a day around 4pm and headed into Morgam for an ice cream before heading back to camp. That night were tales told from the days fun around the camp fire, followed by a few bevvys abd finally off to bed. Sunday we hung around for a few hours but decided to pack up and head for home before it got too hot.

It was a great weekend with a great bunch of like minded people. What really stod out for me was no matter what brand car you drove, everyone was keen for you to have a go at anything and equally happy for you if you made it. Good times :)

I'll let the pictures flow!!!!

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

IMG_5695.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

Nice pics Tim, you don't hold back when going off road with your Rok!!

Jayco setup looks really cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited November 2016
    Was Riley on the end of the camera or driving?

• TPSSATPSSA Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    SAROK wrote: »
    Was Riley on the end of the camera or driving?

Hi Dave, yes Riley was the official cameraman for the trip.
    We've got heaps more photos, but I won't post them on here without the permission of the people.
    Riley also took a heap of quad copter footage, and has put together a great little package. If the club members give permission, I'll post it up on AusAmarok.
    Enjoy your big trip mate, I hope you and your family have a great time.
    Cheers, Tim.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    edited November 2016
    TPSSA wrote: »
    Hi Dave, yes Riley was the official cameraman for the trip.
    We've got heaps more photos, but I won't post them on here without the permission of the people.
    Riley also took a heap of quad copter footage, and has put together a great little package. If the club members give permission, I'll post it up on AusAmarok.
    Enjoy your big trip mate, I hope you and your family have a great time.
    Cheers, Tim.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

[emoji106]