Ultimate v lowline reverse camera

Webby82Webby82 Senior Member
edited October 2016 in Interior Mod's
Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2014 highline and am currently adding a few little things to fit my needs.
1 of these is a reverse camera. From what I have read, the after market ones are cheap and nasty so I think I'll steer clear of them.
I was wondering if people had any thoughts on whether the highline camera is worth the extra money.
I've been quoted $499 for the lowline and $799 for the highline, plus install.

Seems like a lot of money so would love to hear feedback.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• EdwinPEdwinP Forum Slave
    edited September 2016
    whats the difference between lowline and highline, correct me if i am wrong but aint the camera the same?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  • Webby82Webby82 Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Apparently the highline has the lines that adjust with the steering wheel. Not sure if this is actually helpful or just a gimmick.

• rpmpestrpmpest Banned
    edited September 2016
    I have the lowline one (lines dont move) and am happy with it. I tried the cheap eBay ones and also a VW one that was from another model but just wasnt happy with either of them.
    I think the highline one also requires another module to get the lines to move doesnt it?
  • KatabolismKatabolism Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Old thread now, i have the highline model, and find the moveable lines help a heck of a lot, makes it really easy to judge where you are going when you can't see out the back.
  • Webby82Webby82 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Worth the extra $$ you reckon katabolism?

• KatabolismKatabolism Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah i rekon so, to me it's made it a heck of a lot easier being able to see the moving lines.
  • JcaddJcadd Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    I'll second that
  • doinitsidewaysdoinitsideways Junior Member

Sorry to revive old thread... I have the lines but they don’t move with the wheel??

2018 V6 Highline???